Thanks for helping out the applicants on this forum. I gave my GMAT 2 months back and have read through a myriad of general material on admissions to US MBA programs, but I need help in determining what schools would I be a good fit for. Can you please evaluate my profile and answer the questions I have? Thanks!
1)Indian University - Top 20 ranked engineering school
B.Tech Computer Engg : GPA 8.3/10
2)Georgia Tech, Atlanta, US [Top 10 ranked university for engg]
Masters of Science Computer Science : GPA 3.35/4
[Took 3 regular MBA courses -all A's ]
(+1 technical paper published in an Intl. Conference)
1)Top Computer Hardware Product company in US
Software Development Engineer
3 years in Sept 2011
+Leading a major project with Microsoft.
750 [50Q , V41] , AWA 6.0
- 2 best debater awards, 2 best papers, one play
- Member of Org Committee all through 4 years for about 7-8 major college cultural and tech festivals
- Compere at college cultural and tech festivals
2)Volunteer for 10 or so community events through my employer - primarily focussed on children's education.
To move from an engineering to a Technology consulting role.
So here are some questions that I have:
1. What are the schools that I should target? I'm hoping you could point me to some sort of ranks of schools I could target. Lets assume money is not a criteria.
2. Do you think this is a competitive profile? I have 2.5 years work ex right now and would have 3.5 by the time of Fall 2012 joining but would having a MS degree compensate for that a bit?
thanks a ton!
You have to have a darkness...for the dawn to come.