I would appreciate any help with the areas I should focus on in my essays and opinions on which schools I should cross off my list.
1) Basic demographic info: 27, male, white
2) Educational Background: Majored in Finance at University of Oklahoma, 3.8 GPA, 710 GMAT (41Q, 45V)
3) Work experience: I worked as a web developer for 4 years during college for a small start-up company. During my time there, I was promoted and doubled my pay. After graduating, I began working for a Big 4 accounting firm as an IT Auditor. I have been rated "exceeds" or "significantly exceeds" on all of my annual reviews. I obtained my CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification. I have been promoted on time each year and I am up for manager next year. I have traveled overseas several times.
4) Extracurriculars: I really don't have much in the way of extracurriculars. I am married with a child and work all the time. I am actively involved in a church, but not much else.
5) Short/Long term goals: I would like to work as an management consultant for around 5 years and then possibly start my IT consultancy.
6) Schools: Chicago (stretch), Northwestern (stretch), Duke, Dartmouth, Texas, North Carolina, Ross.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tuck might be a stretch too unless you have leadership experience you did not mention here. Texas is definitely out because, well, you know, Texas lost a few weeks ago. Just kidding. Your other schools might be good. Do you have any other differentiating factors?