Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Peer Review Request-Big Four-730GMAT-3.55GPA-Haas,CBS,Booth

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Peer Review Request-Big Four-730GMAT-3.55GPA-Haas,CBS,Booth [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 09:57
Schools: Haas (Round 2), Columbia (RD submitted late-December), and Booth (Round 2)

Can someone (or several people) rate my chances at these schools?

Asian-American male raised in Alaska
Quant - 48, Verbal - 42
Accounting degree from Top 25 university (Top 10 UG business school)
At matriculation (6 years WE): 52 months in financial audit, 18 months in M&A due diligence group, CPA (recruiting and performance bonuses)
Essays: I think career goals (I banking) essays are really strong; other essays were probably just okay
Recs: Haas (2 audit supervisors, one is currently at Yale B-school who I asked to discuss team leadership efforts on Fortune 500 company audit); Columbia (same audit rec from Yale MBA'er, 1 from due diligence supervisor, and one from informal mentor and CFO of publicly-traded bank); Booth (same audit supervisor from Haas (non-Yale) and one from informal mentor (CFO)).
Undergraduate extracurriculars: orientation advisor, active fraternity member (academic chairman), member of accounting society
Post-college EC: alumni career mentor since Summer 2010, member of Homeowners' Association BOD, YMCA volunteer
Other: worked throughout college, All-Star golfer in high school, limited international experience and foreign language skills

THANKS in advance for the help! Going nuts waiting for responses!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 2.93
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 29

Re: Peer Review Request-Big Four-730GMAT-3.55GPA-Haas,CBS,Booth [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 02:56
First of all - strong profile!

As far as I am with reading for what these schools are looking for I see you chances on the strong side with Haas.

Columbia seems to be overfed with finance and accounting and booth is starting a very intensive search for more internationality. You certainly have a chance at all three, which highly depends on interviews.

Let's start with the GMAT. In my opinion usually better to score higher in math. Concerning the points your at or above average for these schools, so no reason to worry.

University you attended before should give you a nice plus. Also the work experience adds up to a great amount. The essential part is, that you are able to tell good stories about the different times. Challenges, experiences...

Extracurriculars sound fine.

Limited international experience is certainly your weak spot (seems to be the only). Try to think of situations where you had an exposure to other cultures. This might even be teams where you were engaged that included a good mix. You need stories to tell here, because they will certainly ask you about his.

Overall: Don't be afraid. Good essays will get you the interview and I start to think this way: They're not looking to reject you - they try to find a good reason to accept you!

All the best

faber est quisque fortunae suae

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Peer Review Request-Big Four-730GMAT-3.55GPA-Haas,CBS,Booth [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 15:01
Thanks for the reassurance... and I like your mindset. Hopefully all goes well.
Re: Peer Review Request-Big Four-730GMAT-3.55GPA-Haas,CBS,Booth   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2012, 15:01