Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 01:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pennsylvania State (Smeal)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 3281
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2005, 14:04
Penn State (Smeal) is located in the middle of the state and is about 200 miles from Philadelphia and 190 miles from Washington DC.

Although the entire university has more than 40,000 students, fewer than 100 new students enrol in the FT MBA each year.

http://www.smeal.psu.edu/mba/
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 3281
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2005, 14:08
FT2005 ranks Penn State #55 worldwide, ahead of Pittsburgh, Temple, Ohio State, and Queen's but below Case Western and Michigan State.

FT 2003 ranked Penn State #48 worldwide- just behind Purdue and just ahead of Washington/Olin.

EIU 2003 placed Penn State #44 worldwide- ahead of Rochester and Purdue.

Last edited by Hjort on 27 Apr 2005, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 75952

 [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2005, 19:30
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 3281
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2005, 08:34
Value Considerations

ETO:
In state: c. 69k
Out of State: c. 89k

http://www.smeal.psu.edu/mba/tuition.html

"Over 1/3 of Smeal MBA students have full assistantships for both years of the program. These assistantships include full tuition coverage and a monthly stipend."

Room and Board is estimated at 7,650.

FT2005 ranks Penn State #41 worldwide in Value for Money, below Temple but better than Pittsburgh and Ohio State.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 26
Location: Azerbaijan
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 311 Q158 V153
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 15:22
anybody from Smeal here?

looks like this BS is quite underestimated
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 72
Location: Kolkata, India
Schools: ISB, Terry MBA, University of Miami, HULT MBA, York University
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 22:03
I am considering this B School for admission.
Can anybody help me to provide a review?
_________________

If Life's a Game, I Play it in my way

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 22:31
:wink:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 32
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2011, 08:03
Judging by the rankings, this school seems to be at least in the same category as OSU. Am I wrong??
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 54
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 16:46
MU2011CPA wrote:
Judging by the rankings, this school seems to be at least in the same category as OSU. Am I wrong??

It's ranked #40 on US News so its around the same level as Notre Dame, UC Irvine, University of Washington

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... ngs/page+2
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 194
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 03:00
Tipsy wrote:
MU2011CPA wrote:
Judging by the rankings, this school seems to be at least in the same category as OSU. Am I wrong??

It's ranked #40 on US News so its around the same level as Notre Dame, UC Irvine, University of Washington

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... ngs/page+2



tipsy are u graduating from Penn state ? I am in too. Can u help me with a few queries ?
_________________

Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 05:04
I am planning to apply in R3 for specialization in Supply chain!!

What are the chances of making it!!?? I have got a pretty decent GMAT score (660) and decent profile (6 years in SCM implementation). Is it even a good idea to apply in R3!?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 194
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 08:59
josh84 wrote:
I am planning to apply in R3 for specialization in Supply chain!!

What are the chances of making it!!?? I have got a pretty decent GMAT score (660) and decent profile (6 years in SCM implementation). Is it even a good idea to apply in R3!?


I think yes if u are a domestic applicant
_________________

Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 10:08
bblast wrote:
josh84 wrote:
I am planning to apply in R3 for specialization in Supply chain!!

What are the chances of making it!!?? I have got a pretty decent GMAT score (660) and decent profile (6 years in SCM implementation). Is it even a good idea to apply in R3!?


I think yes if u are a domestic applicant


Unfortunately I am not a domestic applicant. I am an Indian applicant with 6 years of exp in Oracle apps supply chain implementation. I am not too bothered about scholarship, but I am worried whether I will get an interview or not.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 194
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 22:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
josh84 wrote:
bblast wrote:
josh84 wrote:
I am planning to apply in R3 for specialization in Supply chain!!

What are the chances of making it!!?? I have got a pretty decent GMAT score (660) and decent profile (6 years in SCM implementation). Is it even a good idea to apply in R3!?


I think yes if u are a domestic applicant


Unfortunately I am not a domestic applicant. I am an Indian applicant with 6 years of exp in Oracle apps supply chain implementation. I am not too bothered about scholarship, but I am worried whether I will get an interview or not.


They continue to interview 50-60% of applicants upto last round. the overall conversion rate is 80 admits out of 500 applicants (16%). If you feel you are good enough- go for it !!!
_________________

Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

Re: Pennsylvania State (Smeal)   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2012, 22:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Smeal or Scheller Zatarra 1 15 Dec 2012, 14:14
Smeal (Pennsylvania State U) - Calling All MBA Applicants akkane 2 25 Oct 2012, 14:01
Help! Penn State Smeal (full tuition) vs Emory - Goizueta maa252 0 26 Mar 2012, 08:55
1st Admit. Penn State U (Smeal). Don't know. Any advise? MBA Wolf 3 14 Mar 2006, 11:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Pennsylvania State (Smeal)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.