Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pepperdine Fall 2010 vs. Thunderbird Spring 2010

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 42

Pepperdine Fall 2010 vs. Thunderbird Spring 2010 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2009, 13:39
Hey guys,

I have been literally descending into madness trying to figure out whether or not I should enroll in Tbird this Spring or Pepperdine in the Fall.

A little bit about me.

Ethnicity: Caucasian
Education: BA Economics from University of Nevada, Reno
GMAT History: 620 39q 36v (atypical experience with the test first being scheduled to be canceled due to a/c in facility being down but I took in in the heat anyway because r1 and r2 deadlines were approaching. I would like to take it again but I am not sure if improving my 30-40 would seriously affect my chances. I was scoring around a 650-670 in the Kaplan course but I haven't seriously studied in months just doing a few OG questions from time to time for fun)

Work History:
1.5 years as a research analyst with a small web-publisher.
.25 years with a mortgage company

Admitted:
Claremont with partial fellowship
LMU with $
Thunderbird (admitted to MS in Global Business program because I was a couple months short of 2 year requirement for MBA)
Pepperdine

Basically, I am considering law school after I attend bschool. If i wait to attend Pepperdine I will take the LSAT sometime in 2010 to apply to the JD/MBA program.

In the meantime, I would like to attend a program with the best finance program.

I understand that Thunderbird has a great reputation for international business but not as much for finance. From the little I can find on Pepperdine's finance concentration it seems like it has a decent program.

However, if i enroll at Thunderbird it will be in an MS program with an option to apply to the full-time MBA after completion. I guess I would need a 3.2 grade point to be considered for an articulated MBA.

So essentially, I am asking which program would be the best considering I would like to study finance and yet I require a degree that is flexible enough that it will still benefit me if I attend law school after graduation. I am currently not working so it would be roughly 7 months before I would begin at Pepperdine and, if there is a difference between the two programs, would it justify waiting for the Fall.

I would like to live and work in Los Angeles but I have a family friend in AZ that may be able to help me find work in finance after graduating from tbird.

I know this is a rather nebulous question but any help or insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Matt
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Pepperdine Fall 2010 vs. Thunderbird Spring 2010   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2009, 13:39