Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 08:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pepperdine vs. LMU?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pepperdine vs. LMU? [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:44
Hi - I'm planning on attending either Pepperdine or Loyola Marymount (they're both a good fit for me a location, cost and competitiveness stand point). However, I can't figure out which seems to be a better school with a better reputation. My gut instinct from attending info sessions at both is that Pepperdine offers a better quality education, but at a much higher cost. Pepperdine runs around $85,000 total while LMU is closer to $60,000. Is it worth spending the extra $25,000?

Does Pepperdine have a better reputation, ranking and alumni network to justify spending the extra money? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Pepperdine vs. LMU? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 21:35
I would surely recommend Pepperdine. LMU is great, but is really not in the same pedigree. Should you conduct further research regarding the well reputed business schools in Southern California, you will find Pepperdine is held in high regard, whereas LMU typically doesn't surface in conversation. As an employer with a top tier private equity group, I can tell you we look favorably upon those who've obtained their MBA from Pepperdine. Like I said before, an LMU MBA is good, but may not afford you the same or similar prestige and opportunities as an MBA from a more established school (Pepperdine). Lastly, the Pepperdine MBA's I've connected with have been very successful ( C level, VP, etc. for large cap firms), hold a tremendous presence, particularly in Southern California, and are very involved in supporting those from their alma mater. However, I'm not certain where LMU stands. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Re: Pepperdine vs. LMU?   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2013, 21:35