Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 04 Sep 2015, 13:05
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Permutation and Combinatons made easy...

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
8 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 17
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [8] , given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 22:52
8
This post received
KUDOS
4
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Everyone,

Here i am attaching a document for all those guys who find permutations and combinations to be confusing...
For all those who are unable to identify whether the question is to be solved by permutation ie arrangement or combinations ie selection.

This document explains all these concepts in a simplified manner..

I found this document while surfing web.....The credit entirely goes to the guy who has created this document..

And Please Do not forget to give :thumbup: KUDOS :thumbup: if you like this document


1 KUDOS = 1 THANKS

Hope This Helps....


Cheers :lol: :gl
Attachments

Permutation and Combination.pdf [183.37 KiB]
Downloaded 506 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 20

Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 00:49
Keshav90 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Here i am attaching a document for all those guys who find permutations and combinations to be confusing...
For all those who are unable to identify whether the question is to be solved by permutation ie arrangement or combinations ie selection.

This document explains all these concepts in a simplified manner..

I found this document while surfing web.....The credit entirely goes to the guy who has created this document..

And Please Do not forget to give :thumbup: KUDOS :thumbup: if you like this document


1 KUDOS = 1 THANKS

Hope This Helps....


Cheers :lol: :gl






Kudos Man..Great file
_________________

CLICK +1 KUDOS PLEASE IF MY POST HELPED

CHEERS

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 17
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 00:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
AvengerGmat wrote:
Keshav90 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Here i am attaching a document for all those guys who find permutations and combinations to be confusing...
For all those who are unable to identify whether the question is to be solved by permutation ie arrangement or combinations ie selection.

This document explains all these concepts in a simplified manner..

I found this document while surfing web.....The credit entirely goes to the guy who has created this document..

And Please Do not forget to give :thumbup: KUDOS :thumbup: if you like this document


1 KUDOS = 1 THANKS

Hope This Helps....


Cheers :lol: :gl






Kudos Man..Great file




Thanks man...wait for more of such posts to come
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 20

Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 00:53
Keshav90 wrote:
AvengerGmat wrote:
Keshav90 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Here i am attaching a document for all those guys who find permutations and combinations to be confusing...
For all those who are unable to identify whether the question is to be solved by permutation ie arrangement or combinations ie selection.

This document explains all these concepts in a simplified manner..

I found this document while surfing web.....The credit entirely goes to the guy who has created this document..

And Please Do not forget to give :thumbup: KUDOS :thumbup: if you like this document


1 KUDOS = 1 THANKS

Hope This Helps....


Cheers :lol: :gl






Kudos Man..Great file




Thanks man...wait for more of such posts to come




Will love to see more such good files..
_________________

CLICK +1 KUDOS PLEASE IF MY POST HELPED

CHEERS

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 17
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 00:56
1
This post received
KUDOS
Here i am attaching a document for all those guys who find permutations and combinations to be confusing...
For all those who are unable to identify whether the question is to be solved by permutation ie arrangement or combinations ie selection.

This document explains all these concepts in a simplified manner..

I found this document while surfing web.....The credit entirely goes to the guy who has created this document..

And Please Do not forget to give :thumbup: KUDOS :thumbup: if you like this document


1 KUDOS = 1 THANKS

Hope This Helps....


Cheers :lol: :gl[/quote]





Kudos Man..Great file[/quote]



Thanks man...wait for more of such posts to come[/quote]



Will love to see more such good files..[/quote]


Dont worry i will be posting them soon.... :-D :) :thumbup:
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 6219
Followers: 346

Kudos [?]: 71 [1] , given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2015, 08:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
_________________

GMAT Books | GMAT Club Tests | Best Prices on GMAT Courses | GMAT Mobile App | Math Resources | Verbal Resources

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Posts: 43
Schools: Tuck '18, IE '18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2015, 06:46
Dear All,

I have always had problems with combinatorics, probability. How can I cope with these? What literature would you advise to read to eradicate this problem of mine?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Expert
User avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 29210
Followers: 4752

Kudos [?]: 50358 [1] , given: 7544

Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2015, 09:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mrslee wrote:
Dear All,

I have always had problems with combinatorics, probability. How can I cope with these? What literature would you advise to read to eradicate this problem of mine?


Check Best GMAT Math Prep Books.

Theory on Combinations: math-combinatorics-87345.html

DS questions on Combinations: search.php?search_id=tag&tag_id=31
PS questions on Combinations: search.php?search_id=tag&tag_id=52

Tough and tricky questions on Combinations: hardest-area-questions-probability-and-combinations-101361.html


Theory on probability problems: math-probability-87244.html

All DS probability problems to practice: search.php?search_id=tag&tag_id=33
All PS probability problems to practice: search.php?search_id=tag&tag_id=54

Tough probability questions: hardest-area-questions-probability-and-combinations-101361.html


Also, check articles on these topics in our Important Topics Directory.

Hope it helps.
_________________

NEW TO MATH FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT!!!

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis ; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) ; 12. Tricky questions from previous years.

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.


What are GMAT Club Tests?
25 extra-hard Quant Tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Posts: 43
Schools: Tuck '18, IE '18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

Re: Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2015, 08:48
thanks Bunuel,

These are quite hard for me to grasp the gist of these topics..
So looking for some other sources that may facilitate in coping with with these topics..
2 KUDOS received
Math Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 988
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 318 [2] , given: 151

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2015, 08:57
2
This post received
KUDOS
mrslee wrote:
thanks Bunuel,

These are quite hard for me to grasp the gist of these topics..
So looking for some other sources that may facilitate in coping with with these topics..


Look at these: combination-and-probability-references-if-you-have-56486.html
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/gmat-permu ... binations/
permutations-and-combinations-simplified-150835.html
permutations-combinations-probability-download-questions-57156.html

The above links have all the theories related to permutations/combinations and probability.

I think you are giving up without giving it a proper shot. Maths does not come without practicing. Go over the theory first and then go for sub 600 questions in these topics. Once you understand those, move onto 600-700 and 700+ level questions. Use the GMATCLUB 'tag' feature for this (viewforumtags.php)
_________________

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-87417.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Posts: 43
Schools: Tuck '18, IE '18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2015, 11:02
Thanks Engr2012,

These seem valuable sources.
Mm, sure, I intend to get the sense of these topics rather than learning related rules "by default". That's why i applied for your assistance :)

Regards,
:)
Math Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 988
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 318 [0], given: 151

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Permutation and Combinatons made easy... [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2015, 11:27
mrslee wrote:
Thanks Engr2012,

These seem valuable sources.
Mm, sure, I intend to get the sense of these topics rather than learning related rules "by default". That's why i applied for your assistance :)

Regards,
:)


Also, do solve questions on permutations, combinations and probability from the official guide. Link to all questions from OG is at the-official-guide-quantitative-question-directory-143450.html

Download the excel file saved at the-official-guide-quantitative-question-directory-143450.html#p1194024 . This file details all the quant questions tagged by difficulty and sub sections.

Feel free to post a question that has not been posted before and the experts will be more than happy to help.
_________________

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-87417.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Permutation and Combinatons made easy...   [#permalink] 02 Sep 2015, 11:27
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
201 Experts publish their posts in the topic 'Distance/Speed/Time' Word Problems Made Easy sriharimurthy 23 01 Dec 2009, 10:47
137 Experts publish their posts in the topic 'Work' Word Problems Made Easy sriharimurthy 41 27 Nov 2009, 15:18
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Word Problems Made Easy sriharimurthy 30 27 Nov 2009, 10:47
7 Set Theory Made Easy KillerSquirrel 18 23 Nov 2007, 13:25
58 Experts publish their posts in the topic Mixture Problems Made Easy KillerSquirrel 40 02 Aug 2007, 14:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Permutation and Combinatons made easy...

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.