Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 04:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook]

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 456 [0], given: 249

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 20:41
bb wrote:
dentobizz wrote:
Hi bb,
Is there a way by which you can avoid questions from suspect sources such as 1000 SC/CR series, Brutal SC,other non-Gmat like questions to make their way to the 'daily practice question' pool?
If these are removed one can get better quality practice with reliable material and hence a better score estimate.

Thank you.
We already filter questions from sources such as GMAT Prep and those with "poor quality" tags.
We can definitely filter out others as long as they have tags properly assigned. Would this help?

hi bb,
Yes, taking out the ones with 1000 CR, 1000 SC, Brutal SC tag should definitely help. The only grey area I foresee is the set of questions tagged 'source-others'

Posted from my mobile device Image

How to CHOOSE your Business School
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

Rules for posting on the verbal forum
When you post a question Pls. Provide its source & TAG your questions
Avoid posting from unreliable sources such as 1000 series.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 544

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 06:17
Is the difficulty level of the questions I receive personalized? Say, I continuously fail solving 700+ level questions for a couple days, do I start receiving simpler questions until the engine feels that I'm ready to face tougher questions again?
And how accurate are the score predictions? In the sense, if this was my performance on real GMAT, will the scores be comparable? At least in the same range.
Thanks
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2375

Kudos [?]: 9906 [1] , given: 3755

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 06:22
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Kconfused wrote:
Is the difficulty level of the questions I receive personalized? Say, I continuously fail solving 700+ level questions for a couple days, do I start receiving simpler questions until the engine feels that I'm ready to face tougher questions again?
And how accurate are the score predictions? In the sense, if this was my performance on real GMAT, will the scores be comparable? At least in the same range.
Thanks

Unless your workbook says that the questions are average/medium difficulty, then yes, they are personalized. You receive several questions that are "your" difficulty level, 1 easier, and 1 harder.

As to the score, it is not going to be the exact estimate since it is based on short practice of just a few questions per day as opposed to a 3 hour test that include taking 78 questions in high-stress environment.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '16
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 00:30
bb wrote:
Kconfused wrote:
Thanks

Unless your workbook says that the questions are average/medium difficulty, then yes, they are personalized. You receive several questions that are "your" difficulty level, 1 easier, and 1 harder.

As to the score, it is not going to be the exact estimate since it is based on short practice of just a few questions per day as opposed to a 3 hour test that include taking 78 questions in high-stress environment.

Can't we include questions from GMATClub app to count towards this estimate score?
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 159 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 06:44
This post received
KUDOS
kvazar wrote:
bb wrote:
Kconfused wrote:
Thanks

Can't we include questions from GMATClub app to count towards this estimate score?

As of now NO, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '16
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:08
This post received
KUDOS
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 159 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:24
This post received
KUDOS
kvazar wrote:
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!

Thanks for the suggestion, kudos to you.

I coudnt understand point 2, also regarding point 3 why would you want to check other users bookmark, to check a importance of a topic we have KUDOS.

Point 4 can you be more detailed on what things you are looking for in an analysis?

You can also post your suggestions here suggestions-announcements-support-5/

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 04:07
zazoz wrote:
Hi bb,

sorry to ask an another question. My workbook just shows me the recommended question for PS and CR. Where can I find another suggested questions for other sections like DS and SC and RC?

zazoz wrote:
This not how it works for me; When I complete the suggested questions for PS, they all turn to grey, and after a while new set of question again in PS. Since the first day of this amazing capability, I just recieved PS and CR questions, although I have completed them about three times.

Hey bb,

the same problems pops up here. The rotaion worked pretty well, but since a few days or so I get DS and SC only rarely, most of the time it's PS and CR.

Any suggestions what I can do? Or is this a general issue?

Greetings!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 04:27
Hello together,

When I do a question again that I failed the first time - Will that count into the analysis and bias my score estimation? I always use the timer. Should I not use it when I do an old question or does the system recognize that?

Thanks for your help, gc is amazing!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9906 [0], given: 3755

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 21:26
Expert's post
markus2409 wrote:
Hello together,

When I do a question again that I failed the first time - Will that count into the analysis and bias my score estimation? I always use the timer. Should I not use it when I do an old question or does the system recognize that?

Thanks for your help, gc is amazing!

The system will NOT count a repeat question, so don't worry about it - take it and do it.

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q50 V15
GMAT 2: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.11
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 84

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 06:24
Thanks for all this hard work and this site is just awesome...

Sahil Chaudhary
If you find this post helpful, please take a moment to click on the "+1 KUDOS" icon.
My IELTS 7.5 Experience
From 540 to 640...Done with GMAT!!!
http://www.sahilchaudhary007.blogspot.com

MBA Blogger
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Schools: HBS '16, Fuqua
GMAT 1: 510 Q25 V36
GMAT 2: 510 Q29 V31
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2013, 03:34
Any chance you build in the score estimator to take account of accommodations? I get 50% extra time, so on the quant for example my time per a question is 3 minutes not two. As currently my GMAT score estimator isn't realistic.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2014, 03:50
Hey bb,

it seems to me that there is an error occurring more recently when I'm answering questions. Even though the OA is privoded, the question isn't marked in my wokrbook as right/wrong, only as "not sure". Sometimes my workbook doesn't even "count" the question. This is the case for these questions:

in-an-election-candidate-smith-won-52-of-the-total-vote-in-139583.html
be-and-cd-are-both-diameters-of-circle-with-center-a-see-fi-165676.html
topic-143744.html
according-to-public-health-officials-in-1998-massachusetts-144925.html
in-a-department-store-prize-box-40-of-the-notes-give-160052.html

can you help me?

Have a nice weekend!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 56

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 01:30
unceldolan wrote:
Hey bb,

it seems to me that there is an error occurring more recently when I'm answering questions. Even though the OA is privoded, the question isn't marked in my wokrbook as right/wrong, only as "not sure". Sometimes my workbook doesn't even "count" the question. This is the case for these questions:

in-an-election-candidate-smith-won-52-of-the-total-vote-in-139583.html
be-and-cd-are-both-diameters-of-circle-with-center-a-see-fi-165676.html
topic-143744.html
according-to-public-health-officials-in-1998-massachusetts-144925.html
in-a-department-store-prize-box-40-of-the-notes-give-160052.html

can you help me?

Have a nice weekend!

First of all this site is amazing. Love the solutions on each thread. Brilliant work. Thanks to the creators of this site. And special thanks to Bunuel and Karishma.

I faced the same issue mentioned above. Some questions that I answered are not getting recorded in my workbook. Can someone look into it please?

Click on Kudos if you liked the post!

Practice makes Perfect.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 06:23
Hi,

First of all - I really love the GMAT Timer feature.

However, recently, it does not seem to "save" the answer to the workbook, if the answer is A.

The answer flashes green, but the text does not show up, and the answer is not recorded on the work book page. For all other answers (i.e. B, C, D and E) it works fine (i.e. flashes the right answer and then after a few seconds displays "answer saved to workbook").

Is this is a known problem?

This happens both Chrome and IE.

Regards,

Matt
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 56

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 06:34
wuhanmatt wrote:
Hi,

First of all - I really love the GMAT Timer feature.

However, recently, it does not seem to "save" the answer to the workbook, if the answer is A.

The answer flashes green, but the text does not show up, and the answer is not recorded on the work book page. For all other answers (i.e. B, C, D and E) it works fine (i.e. flashes the right answer and then after a few seconds displays "answer saved to workbook").

Is this is a known problem?

This happens both Chrome and IE.

Regards,

Matt

Yes, same issue for me too. like I posted above. and unceldolan above also mentions the same. I am sure someone will look into it. :)

Click on Kudos if you liked the post!

Practice makes Perfect.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 15:52
Thanks for all the hard work.

This will be awesome for my practice!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 480 Q43 V15
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 17

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2014, 11:50
Great stuff! Thanks a lot for this big help!
Gmat club and it´s features are definitely helping me to go through studies without getting too bored
8-) :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V43
GPA: 3.26
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 65

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2014, 14:12
How accurate do you believe the Score Estimate tool is? My estimates right now are 36Q, which I believe is too low, and 51V, which I believe is too high. My last CAT score was 45Q and 40V. My verbal score has probably increased since then, to around 43, and my quant score is probably about the same, maybe a point higher. Thanks in advance for any response!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9906 [0], given: 3755

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook] [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2014, 18:46
Expert's post
pate13 wrote:
How accurate do you believe the Score Estimate tool is? My estimates right now are 36Q, which I believe is too low, and 51V, which I believe is too high. My last CAT score was 45Q and 40V. My verbal score has probably increased since then, to around 43, and my quant score is probably about the same, maybe a point higher. Thanks in advance for any response!

Well.... you have to think about it.
It is very accurate as long as you think about how it estimates your score - it is all based on other user performance and how many questions you have taken.

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: Personalized Daily Practice Questions [email and workbook]   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2014, 18:46