Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PGP at IIM Indore at UAE VS MBA at US Top 25-40 B school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-04-2013
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

PGP at IIM Indore at UAE VS MBA at US Top 25-40 B school [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 01:53
Hi,
I am in a big dilemma and seeking some advice from the experts.
I am an Indian Female with 2 yrs 3 months of experience in IT with Top Global MNC.
GMAT score: 670 (Q48,V34)
Acads: above average
EC: Held positions at some clubs in college and 1 Yr of association with a small NGO)
Post MBA goal: Finance / Business Consulting (yes, i am looking for a career switch)
I have recently converted IIM INDORE PGP at UAE.
(Brief about the program as many are not aware:
Degree: PGP at IIM Indore at UAE (equivalent as IIM I India campus with 'at UAE' mentioned)
Alumni status: of IIM Indore
Fee: 16 lakhs INR with total cost approx 25 lakhs INR
Program started in 2011 and 1st batch has been placed successfully in UAE(most in Dubai) with average salary of 11K AED per month.
Faculty: same as IIM Indore campus. They fly each week to take classes.
Batch size: 45-50 )
As it is a new program, I expect the career opportunities to get better in the near future(mine would be the THIRD batch to pass)

Now the dilemma is whether I should go forward and accept the offer or retake GMAT ( I had planned to retake GMAT this month and was hoping for a 700 or more.)
As per my understanding I will be competitive at SMU Cox at this score and at Smith, UIUC, Carey,York etc at gmat 700)
I understand that US MBA cost ( $60K tution with scholarship and $24k lodging etc) would be more than double than this but the salary would also be proportionate to the cost.

In short this offer VS MBA at US top 25-40 colleges / Canada top 2-3 Colleges.
Basically seeking a comparison on learning , job and growth opportunities.

PS: I don't mind working and staying in UAE for short term but will definitely like to work in the US in the coming future.
Looking forward to some good insight on this ASAP as I have to accept the offer in 1-2 days only :)
Thanks!!​
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: PGP at IIM Indore at UAE VS MBA at US Top 25-40 B school [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2013, 18:33
Hi,

Your profile looks good overall. So, first to comment on your target schools. If US is your target geography, you should look at doing MBA from a US Bschool. Your current GMAT is not too bad to apply to B-schools that you mentioned. GMAT is important, but then it part of the overall application. You should be able to make to good schools with your current score.

To comment on your IIM Indore PGP admit - while IIM Indore is known in India, it is not a well known brand internationally. I would strongly encourage to look at some higher ranked US schools and focus your efforts on writing a stellar essays and getting excellent recommendations.

If you happen to be based in Bangalore, you can attend a MBA workshop by the alumnus of ISB along with alumnus of various top global B-Schools during the dates mentioned in this link http://bit.ly/c4mpwT.

Feel free to write further queries that you might have.

Cheers!
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: PGP at IIM Indore at UAE VS MBA at US Top 25-40 B school [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 10:27
Also, if you are waitlisted at one or more of these programs, that could be a signaling mechanism from the school that the admissions committee(s) are looking for a higher GMAT school.

Best of luck,

Michael Cohan
President
MBAPrepAdvantage
305-604-8178
http://www.mbaprepadvantage.com
http://www.mbaprepadvantage.com/blog
Give KUDOS! if a post helps you
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on GMAT Club & https://twitter.com/mbaprepadv and Michael Cohan on https://plus.google.com/u/0/112394163312774253233
Like MBAPrepAdvantage on https://www.facebook.com/MBAPrepAdvantage

MBAPrepAdvantage offers a free initial assessment to gauge your MBA admissions chances and the strength of your candidacy. Email us a brief description of your goals along with your target schools, resume, GPA, and GMAT score at info@mbaprepadvantage.com.

Re: PGP at IIM Indore at UAE VS MBA at US Top 25-40 B school   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2013, 10:27