Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PhD Admission Chances and Advice?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.94
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

PhD Admission Chances and Advice? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 16:27
I'm basically looking for some advice for my PhD application. I'm currently pursuing a MBA from Villanova University, with graduation scheduled for Spring 2014. While pursuing my MBA fulltime, I've also been working as a Research Fellow at the university. I am passionate about research and investigating new ideas, and, therefore, I am interested in entering a PhD program in Fall 2014.

First, My Profile & Stats:

27 years old, male, Caucasian, from the United States
GMAT: 740 (41/49), 6.0 AWA
GPA Undergrad (Architecture): 3.94 (top 100 university)
GPA Graduate (MBA): 3.97 (top 20 business school)
Research experience: Research Fellow @ Villanova, where I've authored 6 original opening cases for a textbook, assisted in revising that textbook with a professor, coauthored a forthcoming academic paper with a professor, presenting that paper at a conference in November, completed numerous literary reviews.
Letters of Rec: I'll have two strong letters of reference from the professors I have been working with (one who coauthors the most popular Business 101 undergraduate textbook).
Previous Work Experience: Architect for 6 years

Based on what I have listed above, does anyone have any advice on what is lacking from my profile? Any advice on how to make myself stand out? Steps I should take to improve my chances?

Also, can anyone provide an honest evaluation of my chances at a top-10 university? For example, I'm very interested in the Organizations and Management concentration @ Yale's SOM--do I have any realistic shot at getting accepted? Or am I just wasting my time (and money)?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
PhD Admission Chances and Advice?   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2013, 16:27