Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: PhDChemist shot at a Top5 MBA - reallistic or illusionistic? [#permalink]
Thanks for your encouragement Linda!
I am certainly aiming for a 700+ GMAT and from where I am with my studying and from a past experience with the GRE, I know 680 should be the minimum I can do with very good potential for 700+. I am aiming to take the test mid February to allow some room for retaking it if necessary and give me a little break before essay topics are released.
As for the 'lack' of a classical leadership/work profile, I agree with you, I will need to convey the multi-disciplanary nature of my research and need to emphasize that over these 5 years I have indeed developed more than just scientific knowledge, in particular some managerial qualities.
Again, thank you so much, the positive reinforcement makes me feel like I am indeed on the right track!
I glad I really started the application process early to think things through very carefully.

Happy New Year
Thomas
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
ThomasD wrote:
Thanks for your encouragement Linda!
I am certainly aiming for a 700+ GMAT and from where I am with my studying and from a past experience with the GRE, I know 680 should be the minimum I can do with very good potential for 700+. I am aiming to take the test mid February to allow some room for retaking it if necessary and give me a little break before essay topics are released.
As for the 'lack' of a classical leadership/work profile, I agree with you, I will need to convey the multi-disciplanary nature of my research and need to emphasize that over these 5 years I have indeed developed more than just scientific knowledge, in particular some managerial qualities.
Again, thank you so much, the positive reinforcement makes me feel like I am indeed on the right track!
I glad I really started the application process early to think things through very carefully.

Happy New Year
Thomas

Thomas,

You're most welcome.

I think you ARE on the right track. Please let me know if Accepted can help you when it comes times to apply.

Happy New Year!

Linda
GMAT Club Bot