Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q V0
GPA: 3.36
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 00:16
Wow this thread is great! :)
You don't need a great GMAT score to score with them - in a bar you can be anyone you want to be !:)

You have to have a darkness...for the dawn to come.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 01:14
IndigoIntentions wrote:
Wow this thread is great! :)
You don't need a great GMAT score to score with them - in a bar you can be anyone you want to be !:)

lol...

If a killer GMAT score helped score chicks, James Bond would be on this board preparing for the GMAT and taking advice from Whiplash, BB, Bunuel, and other high scorers :D

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton..:)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 05:05
wear a T-shirt tht says-" 720 ON GMAT = 100,000$ base salary two years from now!"
may be few chicks will fall for tht ..:)

" What [i] do is not beyond anybody else's competence"- warren buffett
My Gmat experience -http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-710-q-47-v-41-tips-for-non-natives-107086.html

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 478 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 06:38
Expert's post
Throughout the early stages of my graduate program, I casually mentioned my GMAT score of 730 to three females (this conversation can occur in business school with either gender, though). I wasn't trying to brag about my performance, but I was pleased with it and enjoying my time as a moderator here. The first nodded her head with no interest whatsoever. She then proceeded to humble me with her 780. The next two encounters ended in similar fashion: a 740 and a 760.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton..:)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 06:49
Throughout the early stages of my graduate program, I casually mentioned my GMAT score of 730 to three females (this conversation can occur in business school with either gender, though). I wasn't trying to brag about my performance, but I was pleased with it and enjoying my time as a moderator here. The first nodded her head with no interest whatsoever. She then proceeded to humble me with her 780. The next two encounters ended in similar fashion: a 740 and a 760.

tht's hilarious , i am trying to picture the look on your face !

" What [i] do is not beyond anybody else's competence"- warren buffett
My Gmat experience -http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-710-q-47-v-41-tips-for-non-natives-107086.html

Banned
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 09:28
akshathbs wrote:
wear a T-shirt tht says-" 720 ON GMAT = 100,000$ base salary two years from now!"
may be few chicks will fall for tht ..:)

already got it in a polo...t-shirts are for GDIs
Banned

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 09:29
bmillan01 wrote:

wat....obviously you are not hanging out with attractive girls bro. Attractive girls don't have to even take the gmat, let alone get 740s. But damn, that hurts. And props on the 730, I'd hook up with you (STRONG no homo)
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 09:59
There was a lucky nerd who scored a 780 at the Place where I worked . This guy got 100% scholars and even got a 500$ p.m extra for his Living Expenses . And the gal i was after was always hanging around him.Thankfully he soon left off for his college,ThunderBird

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 337

Kudos [?]: 1378 [0], given: 194

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 10:38
Quote:
Attractive girls don't have to even take the gmat, let alone get 740s

Really? Are you insulting the rest of us here (the small minority of girls on this forum, perhaps)? I scored a 760 on the GMAT - so now that makes me unattractive does it? Watch what you say!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 4

Premium Member
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 10:43
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quote:

Really? Are you insulting the rest of us here (the small minority of girls on this forum, perhaps)? I scored a 760 on the GMAT - so now that makes me unattractive does it? Watch what you say!

You're not still taking that guy seriously are you?

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 10:43
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quote:

Attractive girls dont have to give the Gmat but they may give the Gmat.

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 337

Kudos [?]: 1378 [0], given: 194

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 10:48
No, I am not taking him seriously. But there's a fine line between being funny and downright stupid/insulting. I think he's on the border, and as much as I'd like to shrug it off as "fun" I am still a moderator here and I'd rather err on the safe side of things.
Banned

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 12:15
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quote:

calm down bro. This is the internet, this is not missiles. I think you said you had a bf if I remember correctly? So why does it really matter what I think you look like?

You would have to agree though. There is a definite inverse relationship between intelligence and looks in terms of females (for all females EXCEPT for you that is)
Banned

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 12:16
mundasingh123 wrote:
There was a lucky nerd who scored a 780 at the Place where I worked . This guy got 100% scholars and even got a 500$ p.m extra for his Living Expenses . And the gal i was after was always hanging around him.Thankfully he soon left off for his college,ThunderBird

no way he was "lucky". You can't get a 780 by being lucky. And that is awesome, he was getting paid to go to business school; you cannot beat that.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 13:06
This conversation has quickly spun out of control with rude, sexist, and downright offensive comments. Thread locked - jerk banned.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Picking Up Girls With My GMAT Score At Bars   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2011, 13:06