I took the real GMAT last week and scored a pityfull 480 ( Q:32 ; V:25 ). I was almost shocked seeing my total score especially quants.
To give a brief intro, i am a engineer working in GE woth 3.5 years of work experience ( Which includes 14 months internatinsl work exeprience ). I plan to do MBA in latin america ( The place i like to settle ). I needed a score of about 580.
Some of my practice scores are
1. Veritas prep
2. GMAT prep 1 : 560 ( Q : 43 ; V : 25 )
3. GMAT prep 2 : 500 ( Q : 37 ; V :21 )
I have taken lot of sectional tests ( Either quants alone or Verbal alone ). Most of the time i score between 42 - 44 in quants. But i was so shocked to see my quants score ( Q : 32 ) in real GMAT. One thing to note is i have finished my quants session 15 mins earlier in real GMAT.
I feel very down guys. It was a 2 months preparation inspite of the stressfull work in my office.
Please sugget what can i do from now, to increase my score to above 600. I have 1 - 2 months time to take my second shot, in order to appply for the colleges which i am looking for in sep '13.
You suggestion would help me greatly.
Its time to pull yourself and give it a better shot!
Check out following two posts of mine
How to start GMAT preparations?how-to-start-gmat-preperations-136048.html
How to Improve Quant Score?how-to-improve-quant-score-137975.html
For Quant I will suggest you the following:--
1. You have 75 mins to solve 37 questions so on an avg 2mins per question so don't rush up!
2. If you are done solving a question before 2mins then revisit the question before marking the answer!
3. If you are stuck in one question and have already spent like 1.5 mins then continue solving the question if you think that you can solve in enxt 1 min else guess and move on.
4. As far as i know: not all teh questions in gmat exam are marked so dont try solving a question for like 4-5mins.
5. You can get a 51 even if you don't answer all the questions correctly.
6. Its not a college exam that someone will be impressed if you do all questions correct!
Try watching Thursday's with Ron videos. I found them sueful for SC and RC.
Regarding Mock Tests
I did 6manhattan tests and 2gmatprep tests two times.
Good luck with your preperation.
Do keep us posted on your progress!
Check my Tutoring Site -> Brush My Quant
GMAT Quant Tutor
How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
Gmatclub Topic Tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems || Inequalities