Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pl evaluate my profile and provide suggestion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 05-21-2012
WE: Research (Human Resources)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Pl evaluate my profile and provide suggestion [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2012, 12:46
Hello,

Greetings!

Degree:
I graduated as Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, which is a premier institute of technical education in India, with a GPA of 7.80/10 in August 2009.

Academic Project:
I carried out secondary research in the field of Disaster Management between December 2006 and April 2007 and compiled my findings in an article that was published in 'Disaster Education' journal produced by Buildings Research Institute and GRIPS, Japan in association with United Nations.

International Experience:
I did my summer internship in Transportation Engineering/Urban Planning at Switzerland's leading university, Ecole Polytechnique Federale De Lausanne (EPFL) between May and July, 2008.

Entrepreneurship:
Highly interested in entrepreneurial activities, I took part in two business plan (b-plans) competitions - an international one, in which my my idea stood among top-40 out of total 500 ideas received from across the globe and was selected for mentoring, and a national (India) one, in which my team emerged victorious.

Work experience:
I have been working with Russell Reynolds Associates, a global executive search firm, since March 2010. This stint has provided me several opportunities to get networked with a number of highly successful leaders across industries in India and understand decisions involved in building a strong top-management team.

Social Activities:
I hold a very strong belief in giving back to the community - I took an independent leadership in raising INR 116,000 for 'Anti-Child Sex Abuse' campaign that was held in 6 cities of Western India.
Secondly, as a part of the 'Anti-Child Labor Group' at Child Rights and You (CRY), an NGO, I motivated 10 families from an extremely remote locality to send their children to school, subsequently coordinated with several teachers and education officers at a school in the vicinity of the locality and finally succeeded in bringing about 20 children aged between 6 and 15 years into the mainstream education.

Target Colleges: HBS, Stanford GSB, Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia, Chicago Booth and MIT Sloan

Please evaluate my profile and suggest whether I should retake the GMAT?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Many thanks,

Best regards,
Yash Singh
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

Re: Pl evaluate my profile and provide suggestion [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 05:01
Expert's post
Hi Yash,

I do not believe you had stated what your score was on the GMAT. What was your score?

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 05-21-2012
WE: Research (Human Resources)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Pl evaluate my profile and provide suggestion [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 05:38
Dear Stacy Blackman team,

My apologies! I took the GMAT in July 2009 and my score was 690.

Many thanks,
Yash