I was hoping I could get everyone's opinion on a few questions which I'll list at the end of my post. I am looking to apply for 2013 intake, so doing my research now and preparing to write applications this summer.
To start I'm a 26 y/o Canadian born male with a Japanese/Chinese background. Schooling in Canada with a HBBA from Wilfrid Laurier University. I currently work at a large telecommunications company as a Senior Analyst. My role consists primarily of project management from the business side, new product launches, and business KPI/analysis.
From a non-work perspective, I'm on a philanthropy advisory committee with the Red Cross and along with a classmate I've started a not-for-profit online mentoring website which recently launched this January. I also have my CMA (Certified Management Accounting) designation.
I'm looking to apply to an MBA program with the intent of pursuing Management Consulting upon graduation, and would prefer schools within the US and Europe. I scored 700 on my GMAT on my second attempt (47Q, 39V - AWA 5.5). The first time around I scored a 680 (47Q, 36V - AWA 6.0).
At this point in time I've narrowed my options down to about 6 schools. Kellogg, INSEAD, LBS, Tuck, Ross, and Johnson. I was hoping for some feedback on this forum regarding the following questions.
1. What are my prospects on the 6 schools I am considering applying to?
2. Is 6 schools too many to apply to?
3. I'm looking at splitting 3 and 3 for R1 and R2, but I'm having trouble with deciding how I want to split them? My preference of location is listed in the same order as above.
4. Other than starting to re-vamp my resume and narrow down my contacts for my LoR - are there any recommendations on what I can do until applications are released?
5. What's the best way to monitor when the school applications are released so I can get a start on them ASAP?
Thanks in advance for your assistance!