Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Planning to apply for FEMBA at UCLA - need advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Planning to apply for FEMBA at UCLA - need advice [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2007, 22:33
Hello,

Here is my situation. I have close to 11 Yrs of exp in IT industry. I did my Baclehors (Comp Sci - 3 Yrs) from Pune University in India. I'm scored average marks in the final exam at that time. My total percentage was 63%.
I'd like to apply for part time MBA (FEMBA) at UCLA - Anderson. I know my GPA is very bad and I'd like to know if my experience can offset that. Also, I just started preparing for my GMAT exam. Any idea what are my chances to get into FEMBA program at UCLA?
Am I day dreaming?!! :lol: I appreciate your advice.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2007, 13:03
Maybe they just put on a good show but the two info sessions I went to for UCLA's FEMBA had an amazing cros section of people. From consultants to government employees from just about any industry imaginable.

I was able to get some time with their Director of Admissions and people would quiz him on grades and GMAT and he kept coming back to the completness of the application. He also said the FEMBA program turns away 4.0 students as well as a 770 GMAT score last year.

For my sake, I hope this is true! :-D
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2007, 06:58
As much as they boast that they turn away high GPA's and GMAT's , these schools want students with those statistics. The person they turned away would have been an exception as opposed to the rule.

I am convinced that though the subjective parts of the application are important, many schools trim their initial applicant pool with the objective scores.

Part time programs in the bay area are quite competitive. I would not dream applying without a 700 plus GMAT at the least.
  [#permalink] 21 Aug 2007, 06:58