Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Dec 2014, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Planning to visit B schools in Spain

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg (R1 Dinged),Cornell (R2), Emory(Interview Scheduled), IESE (R1 Interviewed), ISB (Interviewed), LBS (R2), Vanderbilt (R3 Interviewed)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 10

Planning to visit B schools in Spain [#permalink] New post 01 May 2009, 00:15
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Guys,

I need your suggestions.

I am planning to apply for MBA in fall 2010. Spain is my first preference and therefore I am applying to top 3 B schools in Spain (IESE, IE, ESADE). I am an international student (form India).

Guys what are your opinion on visiting a school in Spain itself. I mean considering the money involve in going and staying there for at least a week. :(

How much visiting a school, interacting with students and faculty help in the admission decision particularly during interview?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 450 [0], given: 210

Re: Planning to visit B schools in Spain [#permalink] New post 01 May 2009, 00:31
Hey bandit - do it only if you can afford both the trip and the time. Most schools are OK with internationals not visiting them. It is encouraged because it will help you decide say between IE and IESE. As far as increasing your admission chances goes - I dont think the visit matters. I interviewed at Chicago and NYU at campus (flew 22 hours from Australia) - result 1 ding and 1 waitlist then ding.

bandit wrote:
Guys,

I need your suggestions.

I am planning to apply for MBA in fall 2010. Spain is my first preference and therefore I am applying to top 3 B schools in Spain (IESE, IE, ESADE). I am an international student (form India).

Guys what are your opinion on visiting a school in Spain itself. I mean considering the money involve in going and staying there for at least a week. :(

How much visiting a school, interacting with students and faculty help in the admission decision particularly during interview?
Re: Planning to visit B schools in Spain   [#permalink] 01 May 2009, 00:31