Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 09:39
My GMAT prep test score is a bit unusual. I had relatively low expectations with the following practice test scores.

GMAT Prep 1 (June 10th) – 530 (Q49 V14) --> after quant prep
GMAT Prep 2 (June 16th) – 610 (Q50 V23) --> after Sentence correction prep
GMAT Prep 1 (July 21st) – 640 (Q50 V27) --> after all parts of Verbal prep
MGMAT CAT #1 (Aug 18th) – 720 (Q51 V37) --> (didn't do AWA) after hard practice and practice
MGMAT CAT #2 (Aug 25th) – 690 (Q51 V34) --> Full-test with same conditions
MGMAT CAT #3 (Aug 29th) – 670 (Q48 V33) --> (Quant score is lower because of my careless about time management )
GMAT Prep 2 (Sep 2th (Today)) – 620 !!! (Q50 V23) ---> Really disheartened !!

My Actual GMAT Exam is on this Sep 6th ! but today result have made my mental health really bad. (actually a bit crying out)

Today (my time) is Sunday, I've only 4 days left before the read test (on Friday). Thursday is going to be relax day, could you guys please recommend what I should do on the other 3 days? (Take another mock exam / Review all of Verbal and Quant / or just rest) I really don't know what to do.

Please suggest me, Thanks a lot.

PS: My target score is 660+
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

Re: Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 16:22
chattrapatlow wrote:
My GMAT prep test score is a bit unusual. I had relatively low expectations with the following practice test scores.

GMAT Prep 1 (June 10th) – 530 (Q49 V14) --> after quant prep
GMAT Prep 2 (June 16th) – 610 (Q50 V23) --> after Sentence correction prep
GMAT Prep 1 (July 21st) – 640 (Q50 V27) --> after all parts of Verbal prep
MGMAT CAT #1 (Aug 18th) – 720 (Q51 V37) --> (didn't do AWA) after hard practice and practice
MGMAT CAT #2 (Aug 25th) – 690 (Q51 V34) --> Full-test with same conditions
MGMAT CAT #3 (Aug 29th) – 670 (Q48 V33) --> (Quant score is lower because of my careless about time management )
GMAT Prep 2 (Sep 2th (Today)) – 620 !!! (Q50 V23) ---> Really disheartened !!

My Actual GMAT Exam is on this Sep 6th ! but today result have made my mental health really bad. (actually a bit crying out)

Today (my time) is Sunday, I've only 4 days left before the read test (on Friday). Thursday is going to be relax day, could you guys please recommend what I should do on the other 3 days? (Take another mock exam / Review all of Verbal and Quant / or just rest) I really don't know what to do.

Please suggest me, Thanks a lot.

PS: My target score is 660+

The truth is you should probably postpone the test. The verbal score on this test is fairly consistent with that of the other gmat prep tests. There is no reason to think you would score high on verbal if you took the test in four days. You need more prep time for verbal. Four days is not enough. I wish you the best. I'm sure you can do much better than v23 with more prep time.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7606 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 19:32
Expert's post
Hi there. I have not seen your post due to the labor day. How did it go?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 07:01
bb wrote:

Hi BB, I got 630 (Q49 V27). I've a bad luck on test day, as I got food-poisoning and can't fully focus on the test.

Anyway, I appointed the next test on 15 OCT, about 5 weeks from now. Could you Please advice me how to rise my Verbal score? My worst part is Reading Comprehension (I'm non-native speaker). I've done OG13 questions twice (both verbal and quant), go through SC Grail & CR Bible Twice.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 34

Re: Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 09:54
chattrapatlow wrote:
bb wrote:

Hi BB, I got 630 (Q49 V27). I've a bad luck on test day, as I got food-poisoning and can't fully focus on the test.

Anyway, I appointed the next test on 15 OCT, about 5 weeks from now. Could you Please advice me how to rise my Verbal score? My worst part is Reading Comprehension (I'm non-native speaker). I've done OG13 questions twice (both verbal and quant), go through SC Grail & CR Bible Twice.

Next time, 1 day before test, spend some time with yourself. Just sit and dont look at the books or materials... 1-2 hours... concentrate your thoughts, and revise what you have learnt; in your mind. This definitely helps. Then you will figure out what u remember and what not. And those will be the exact same knowledge that you are going to remember on test day.
This helps to calm down, believe me.
Re: Please advice! last 4 days and my prep score disheartened   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2013, 09:54