Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please advice me...i have a very unusual kind of application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please advice me...i have a very unusual kind of application [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 04:20
Hi,

I had a very unusual academic period over the last five years. I was admitted to one of the finest universities in my country for my undergrad. In my third year i went into a major depression phase, which ultimately led me to drop out, my grades were poor as well. I was 22 at that time.
Later i got really serious with life. i am 26 now and this what i have accomplished till now:

- completed a 2 year graduation degree
- Completed my CFA ( waiting for charter)
- completed requirements for Associate of Society of Actuaries (i will be awarded the associateship this year)
- GMAT : 740
- Work Experience : I started my own e-learning company 4 years ago. Now i have 25 employees, double digit growth rate and substantial revenues.
Nationality : Pakistani

I really want to go to INSEAD for MBA, but i don't know that my application would be worth the merit or not. Please advise me on other MBA programs that i should consider.

Thank You.
Zack.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Please advice me...i have a very unusual kind of application [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 09:53
Expert's post
zack12 wrote:
Hi,

I had a very unusual academic period over the last five years. I was admitted to one of the finest universities in my country for my undergrad. In my third year i went into a major depression phase, which ultimately led me to drop out, my grades were poor as well. I was 22 at that time.
Later i got really serious with life. i am 26 now and this what i have accomplished till now:

- completed a 2 year graduation degree
- Completed my CFA ( waiting for charter)
- completed requirements for Associate of Society of Actuaries (i will be awarded the associateship this year)
- GMAT : 740
- Work Experience : I started my own e-learning company 4 years ago. Now i have 25 employees, double digit growth rate and substantial revenues.
Nationality : Pakistani

I really want to go to INSEAD for MBA, but i don't know that my application would be worth the merit or not. Please advise me on other MBA programs that i should consider.

Thank You.
Zack.

Zack,

Please confirm that you ultimately completed your undergrad degree and then went on to complete a grad degree. That's what I am understanding from your post. If I misunderstand, please correct me.

Regards,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Please advice me...i have a very unusual kind of application [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 11:56
sorry for this confusion...i have only completed 2 year undergrad degree.
One of the options i have is that i should pursue fellowship of Society of Actuaries( because i am an associate of Society of Actuaries) but i am more interested in MBA. Is something that is out of picture considering the fact that i messed up some early years of my life?

Zack.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Please advice me...i have a very unusual kind of application [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 11:43
Expert's post
zack12 wrote:
sorry for this confusion...i have only completed 2 year undergrad degree.
One of the options i have is that i should pursue fellowship of Society of Actuaries( because i am an associate of Society of Actuaries) but i am more interested in MBA. Is something that is out of picture considering the fact that i messed up some early years of my life?

Zack.

Zack,

Most top MBA programs require a 4-year bachelors degree You don't have to give up on the MBA, but you may have to complete your bachelors before you attempt to pursue it. You could ask if an FSA would suffice, but I doubt it.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog