Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 09:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please advice on raising score to 730 from 440 in 19 days.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please advice on raising score to 730 from 440 in 19 days. [#permalink] New post 11 May 2012, 13:48
It turns out that I registered for my exam on May 30th so that I don't have to take the new GMAT in June. I took the practice test yesterday and scorred 440. Do you have any advise on how I can raise my score to 730 by May 30th?

Thanks,

Richy
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 589 [0], given: 114

Re: Please advice on raising score to 730 from 440 in 19 days. [#permalink] New post 11 May 2012, 17:52
Well my personal advice would be to reschedule the test. That type of improvement is not possible in 19 days. I've never seen anything like that.

I would start here: new-to-the-gmat-club-start-here-130870.html and reconsider your studying strategy. Giving yourself 19 days to improve almost 300 points is a poor strategy, and will most likely lead to a poor outcome. Do you have any other info on test scores or what you've studied?

I would cancel your test, give yourself 3-4 months of study, so that you can bring your score up to a reasonable level. If you score a GMAT of 440 that will not help you get into any school in the world. So you need to postpone until you are sure you can reach a reasonable score (550+)

Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Please advice on raising score to 730 from 440 in 19 days. [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 09:10
Thanks for your advice.

On the GMAT practice test prep software, I got 21 questions wrong out of 33 on the Quant section and 14 questions wrong out of 41 on the verbal section. It seems to me that math is my weakness and I need to master the concepts being tested. What do you recommend as the best resource to master the Quant section?

I started off solving the problem solving questions on the OG and watching a video that explained how to solve every single question. I also used the Kaplan GMAT course book to learn the data analysis portion but I didn't finish solving all the data analysis questions. As for the verbal, I reviewed old questions on the OG. I will admit that the last time I really studied for the verbal section was last summer, so I only did the prep software review for the verbal section before taking the practice test.

Thanks,

Ritchell
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 313 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Please advice on raising score to 730 from 440 in 19 days. [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 09:52
Don't cancel your test - you will lose 200$, rather reschedule your test. I would suggest you two things
- Change your target score to 650, and study for 3-4 months, 10-15 hours a week.
- Be prepared to work for 6-8 months to reach your score of 730.

Sorry if that sounds a bit negative.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Re: Please advice on raising score to 730 from 440 in 19 days.   [#permalink] 14 May 2012, 09:52