Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Advise--740 Indian IT male--Extensive NGO exp-Good EC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please Advise--740 Indian IT male--Extensive NGO exp-Good EC [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 00:12
Hi Would love to get a feedback on my profile

GMAT score:740 (50 quat 40 verbal)
experience 5yrs
industry :Softwares
Role : tech analyst
International experience: 2 yrs
Role played: Business analyst
College: Nothing spectacular--One in Maharishi Dayanand University
Percentage--68% the Uni doesnt give GPA

Awards:
Professional
One of the top 5 finalist in Young leaders competition in my organization(out of 5000 ppl)
Winner of a technology competition from my Office and top 50 all over the country(5000 in my office and more than 1 lakh all over india)
Special recognition award

College:
various inter/intra college competitions
Main Compere of Cultural fest
Chief coordinator for Cultural and tech fest
Vice president College ISTE chapter

School
Captain of one of the 4 houses in school
Main Compere

Other exp:
-Working with national level NGO since 2006, where i train students and youth in various areas of development
-designed the syllabi for this NGO on "Removing stage fright" which is now an integral part of its syllabus being taught at 1000's of schools in India
-Designed ,developed and now maintaining websites of 4 national NGOs
-Trained over 300 school students and helped remove their stage fright

I also write and record poetry and have over 500 subscribers on youtube. Was among top 50 most viewed youtubers from India for many months this year. One of my poetry has over 220,000 views. I am also now in youtube partners program. I have self released one single on itunes
An avid blogger and web junkie, i along with a partner have also started a discount site speciafically targetted to my City
Love traveling and last year completed a long cherished dream of driving from east coast of US to west coast. It took me and 2 of my friends 5 days to complete the trip

Colleges I aim for: Top 10 + ISB and IIM Ahembdabad Executive MBA
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 526 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Advise--740 Indian IT male--Extensive NGO exp-Good EC [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 09:59
It really depends. If you haven't lived/worked abroad full-time (your career has been in India this entire time), then you'll be a stretch for any top 16 school, since given your profile (Indian engineer) you're up against a lot of other Indian engineers who already have years of experience working/living abroad - and they will have a big advantage over you.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Please Advise--740 Indian IT male--Extensive NGO exp-Good EC   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2011, 09:59