Hi Paul and Linda!
My husband and I have been jointly applying to business school and here is a situation we are dealing with:
We have both applied to schools C and D. I have been admitted to school C(1st round) and my wife is awaiting decision from C (round 2). I have been denied interview at school D while my wife has interviewed and is awaiting decision from school D.
C and D are in the same city and if admitted my wife will definitely attend C since this will allow us to live in the same city. We are wondering if she needs to let school D know about her commitment to attend despite the fact that I have been denied admission. They are still in the decision making phase so it seems like an appropriate time to let them know of it. Please advise!
Appreciate your help and suggestions.
To a certain extent the answer depends on the school, but unless the school discourages contact I think your wife should send in a brief note saying that she remains highly excited about the program because of all the advantages discussed in her essays. Your rejection has not lessened the school's appeal to her, and the fact you were accepted at another school in the city has actually increased her interest.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog