Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please advise ( Not a profile evaluation)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Please advise ( Not a profile evaluation) [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2010, 13:00
Hi Paul and Linda!

My husband and I have been jointly applying to business school and here is a situation we are dealing with:

We have both applied to schools C and D. I have been admitted to school C(1st round) and my wife is awaiting decision from C (round 2). I have been denied interview at school D while my wife has interviewed and is awaiting decision from school D.
C and D are in the same city and if admitted my wife will definitely attend C since this will allow us to live in the same city. We are wondering if she needs to let school D know about her commitment to attend despite the fact that I have been denied admission. They are still in the decision making phase so it seems like an appropriate time to let them know of it. Please advise!

Appreciate your help and suggestions.
Regards,
Radical Change
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Please advise ( Not a profile evaluation) [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 18:03
Expert's post
radicalchange wrote:
Hi Paul and Linda!

My husband and I have been jointly applying to business school and here is a situation we are dealing with:

We have both applied to schools C and D. I have been admitted to school C(1st round) and my wife is awaiting decision from C (round 2). I have been denied interview at school D while my wife has interviewed and is awaiting decision from school D.
C and D are in the same city and if admitted my wife will definitely attend C since this will allow us to live in the same city. We are wondering if she needs to let school D know about her commitment to attend despite the fact that I have been denied admission. They are still in the decision making phase so it seems like an appropriate time to let them know of it. Please advise!

Appreciate your help and suggestions.
Regards,
Radical Change

To a certain extent the answer depends on the school, but unless the school discourages contact I think your wife should send in a brief note saying that she remains highly excited about the program because of all the advantages discussed in her essays. Your rejection has not lessened the school's appeal to her, and the fact you were accepted at another school in the city has actually increased her interest.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog