Joined: 27 Jan 2011
, given: 60
Please advise- Thanks [#permalink]
17 Oct 2011, 22:23
Could you please help me short-list schools that I should apply to for the MBA program?
- 2006: Graduated with an honors degree in Economics from India (Delhi University). Even though I scored only 57% in my graduation, but based on my university results it was easily in the top 20%. Not too sure how I will get my university to say this but will try my best. (so, this is a definite red on my app)
- 2006-2008: After my graduation, I joined a leading rating agency (of the world) in Delhi and worked in their Private equity advisory team for 2 years as an associate.
- After spending two years in that role, I wanted to transition to I-Banking.
- 2008: And then, I joined a graduate internship program in London with a leading Swiss Investment Bank in London.
- 2009: I got very good recommendations from my internship but since the Visa rules in the United Kingdom were very stringent at that time, I was offered a role by the bank in their off-shored division in Shanghai (with a third party vendor which is a billion dollar NYSE listed firm that runs close to 300 head counts in middle office for the bank) as a Senior analyst. Was promoted last month to a team lead and now I manage a team of 6 middle office analysts.
- So, my total work experience till September 2012: 5 years (2 years in India, 1 year in London, and 2 in Shanghai).
- I wrote the GMAT exam yesterday and scored a 710. (80+ percentile in both sections) I also speak 4 languages including Hindi (Indian), Chinese and English
From my MBA, I am looking to enhance my knowledge in Finance and would ideally like to move to a more market or product facing role as opposed to my current operations oriented role. I am happy to work in any country after my MBA.
Schools that look good based on average GMAT scores: MIT (dream), Duke, Cornell, Tepper, Mcgill (Canada). Also looking at LBS, Insead, HKUST and Cambridge.
For safer options, I am also planning to apply to Emory and NTU (Singapore).
Please feel free to ask me any more questions.
Thanks a lot.