Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please can someone grade my issue task response

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please can someone grade my issue task response [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2014, 05:14
Question: College students should base their choice of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim in developing and supporting your position,be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Answer:
Nowadays there are three paths to take by college students; those who study to fulfill their dreams, those who study to have “Cash” in the future regardless of what they do and those who study for the greater good of the society.
No matter the path you take, life is about providing for your needs and wants and taking care of your family. Therefore what matters at the end of the day is the “cash”.
My cousin loved animals and so he studied zoology in the University.He graduated a year ago but what does he do?Nothing. He works in his mum’s farm growing tomatoes because there are no jobs in that field.
My younger brother just graduated some few months ago in Sociology and Anthropology. He has spent the last months applying for scholarships to study Enviromental Engineer.
Nevertheless, my best friend just got a job in a telecom company as a site engineer. He studied electrical engineering specifically power systems and he didn’t only get a job but he had to make a choice between two jobs.
From these examples it clearly shows that the choice of field of study for college students should be totally about the job market and not about their passions or humanitarian ambitions because at the end of the day we go to school in order to get employed.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 2

Re: Please can someone grade my issue task response [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 00:17
Hello jimmafeni;
This is an Issue task - The GMAT does not include an Issue task anymore.
Is this with respect to the GRE?
Do confirm; if it's wrt GRE - I will give you a detailed perspective on writing the Issue task.

Regads,
peo

If you find our response valuable, please encourage us with Kudos!

Aiming for 40+ in Verbal? Attend our 2-Day Verbal Score Booster Workshop!
http://gmat.crackverbal.com/advanced-verbal-workshop-bangalore

Get a FREE profile evaluation from CrackVerbal experts!
http://applications.crackverbal.com/free-resources/profile-evaluation/

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Please can someone grade my issue task response [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 00:59
Yes it is a GRE issue task. Can someone please grade it
Re: Please can someone grade my issue task response   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2014, 00:59