Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 06:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please check my TOEFL essay

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please check my TOEFL essay [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 06:09
Hey guys! I'm doing my TOEFL exam tomorrow and it would be really great if someone could rate my essay, especially it's structure.
Here it is:
A Small Town vs. a Big City

Generally speaking, I believe that living in a big city is better than living in a small town. While living in a small town has certain advantages, such as less air pollution due to fewer factories and less transportation emissions, or calmer and even more safe surroundings, people who live in big citys such as New York or Milan have even more advantages, sometimes even without sacrificing much for it.
The first reason is, obviously, that one has more opportunities when in the big city. These opportunities are, for example, better chance to get a good job or brighter social and cultural life. Especially these are important for young adults, who are looking for a good job or internship or who can't imagine their life without meeting with friends, visiting social events and shopping! Of course, living in a big city can be very challenging, because you have to interact with a lot of people on a daily basis, get used to crazy rythm of life and at the same time manage to find time and a quiet corner for yourself. This can become quite an issue for introverts like me. However, I used to see challenges only as advantages that help a person to shape his or her personality and contribute o a person's success in life.
In addition to wider range or opportunities, a person who lives in a big city can alt the same time enjoy the advantages of living in a small town, such as having one's own house with a garden or having a dog, because one can choose either to live in a city center or rather farther from the center, in the neighborhood. Though, a person from a small town cannot enjoy privilleges of citizens of big citys. For example, I moved to Lviv, a big ukrainian city, when I was 20. I always wanted to find a perfect balance between having a nice small house with a garden, but also to have a chance to visit theaters and cinemas or concerts whenever I want. Living in a Lviv's neighborhood made my dream come true! My house is not far from the city center so it is reachable with a public transportation within 15 minutes, though I can enjoy my favorite hobbys such as planting and taking care of flowers and trees and playing with my dog.
So to summarize, because of the reasons discussed above, I would prefer living in a big city to living in a small town. Of course, this is only me personal opinion based on my own experiences and priorities. However, I think that many people may also support some of my ideas and find reflection of themselves in some of my examples.

Merci in advance :)
Please check my TOEFL essay   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2014, 06:09