Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please critique my GMAT Prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Please critique my GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2007, 12:46
Hi,

I'm halfway into my GMAT preparation and am fairly confident but am seeking some suggestions to ensure I'm on the right track.

I just took GMATPrep #1 and scored a 730 - Q48(13 incorrect) and V42(10 incorrect). I am really disappointed with my Quant score. I found the questions to be harder than the OG and on the same level as Kaplan800. I breezed through both books, so I thought I had quant under control, but I guess I was wrong. Also about 8 of those were Data Sufficiency, so I guess I need a lot more practice there.

I was surprised with my verbal. This was higher than I had expected. Of the 10 incorrect, 9 were SC, and this is after I have reviewed the ManhattanGMAT SC book. So while I am happy with my Verbal score, I am surprised 9 out of the 10 mistakes were SC. I guess if I work on SC I can really push my Verbal score high.

As for preparation books, I have completed every question in the OG for PS, DS, CR and SC. I have also finished Kaplan800 and ManhattanGMAT SC. I have the OG -Verbal Review that I have not yet opened. I also have the 6 MGAT and GMATPrep#2 CAT left.

- I need help with SC. Do I just go through ManhattanGMAT over and over again to make sure I have it right. Or should I practice more questions from the Verbal Review. Are there any other resources I could use to makes sure I can raise my score?

- I need to practice more Data Sufficiency. What resources do you suggest? How many mistakes are allowed if I want to get Q50/51?

- Is the GMATPrep Exam #1 a fairly accurate measure of my level?

I am taking the GMAT on Nov 3rd, and I am dedicating 5 hours every day till then for it. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Please critique my GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2007, 12:46