Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 01:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate: 650-GMAT,~5 years of work-ex in IT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -24 [0], given: 3

Please evaluate: 650-GMAT,~5 years of work-ex in IT [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2013, 10:09
Background
Indian female, 27 years of age with 4 years 8months of IT experience. Currently not working as on H4 visa, US based.

GPA, major, school
1. 67.73/100, Bachelor of Engineering(Information Technology), University of Pune (as per the university, 66% and above is considered as Distinction)
2. Working towards my goal of pursuing MBA by enrolling in online courses such as basics of Financial Accounting and Marketing.

GMAT : 650(77%)
Q(48 - 76%) V(31 - 60%) AWA(5 - 60 % ) IR (5-52%)

Resume highlights

Companies:
1. Tata Consultancy Services, India : 4 years : SAP ABAP Developer
2. HCL AXON,HCL Technologies, India : 8 months : SAP ABAP Consultant

Main Responsibility:
1.Regular interaction with clients for understanding their requirements and implementing them in SAP (Enterprise Resource Planning Tool).
2. Creating and updating technical specification documents.
3.Exposure to different business sectors such as Product Development, Retail, Warehouse management and manufacturing.

Management Experience:
1. Responsible for weekly and monthly status report of project’s deliverables under development and testing.
2. Mentored college recruits to help them learn and implement ABAP concepts in real time.
3. Interviewed prospective hires for the project.
4. Worked at client location in France for SAP implementation, deployment and post deployment activities.
5. Time-sheet Management for revenue recognition of the project.

Extra-curricular Activities:
1. Responsible for organizing and budgeting team building activities for project members.
2. Responsible for budgeting and arranging recreational trips for project members.
3. Helped organize Inter-division Cricket Tournament on state level at TCS.
4. Participated and won Inter-ISU Cricket Tournament for Women.
5. Was a Member of TCS Maitri club, the organization in-charge of extra-curricular activities in TCS.
6. Organized dance classes for the associates at my office location.
7. Have recently started volunteering to teach Mathematics to under-privileged students in Seattle with a Non-Profit Organization. I previously volunteered to teach kids in India.
8. Was an active member of the organizing team for technical and cultural fests in college. This involved marketing, selling tickets and raising revenue for college events, attracting corporate sponsors and participants from other institutes.
9. Actively participated in various quizzes, presentations, seminars and competitions.

Awards, patents, publications, etc...
1. Awarded coder of the month in TCS
2. Member of SAP implementation team when it was awarded the Best Supplier of the Year from the client (Owens Corning) in 2011.
3. Won 2nd prize in national level inter-college technical presentation.

Interesting personal facts - countries lived in, challenges faced, unusual interests
1. Recently started sponsoring and tracking a child’s education.
Future Plans:
1. Plan to start awareness campaign in India to encourage women to learn self-defense and to provide a medium for them to learn such techniques.

Please evaluate my profile for Full-time 2-year MBA programs in UW Foster School of MBA, Boston University School of Management, The Paul Merage School of Business,University of California,Irvine.
I see that for all the aforementioned B-schools I fall in the range of GMAT Score but below the Average score required.
Also please suggest the range of colleges that I should aim for in the US .

Could you please suggest if I should take GMAT again. I feel I will be able to improve my GMAT score from 650 to 670-680.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate: 650-GMAT,~5 years of work-ex in IT [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2013, 06:47
Expert's post
Hi NeetiGupta,

Thanks for your post. Regarding your application, the largest recommendation I have is regarding your GMAT score. I do recommend you take the test again. One thing that is important to remember is that on your application, your highest score is self-reported, which is why admissions teams focus on your best score. There is no harm in taking the test again.

If you'd like, we provide free GMAT advice here: http://www.stacyblackman.com/test-prep-hub/. MBA.com also provides 2 free official GMAT practice exams.

Cheers,
Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -24 [0], given: 3

Re: Please evaluate: 650-GMAT,~5 years of work-ex in IT [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 12:29
Thanks for the reply .
1 more query. Since I will give GMAT once more I may not be able to submit my application in the second round of applications in a particular B-school that I am actually targeting.
The school doesn't follow rolling admissions.
I am a little concerned that I will be applying to a reduced pool of seats given that the b-school would have offered admission to students who applied in October/November.
Will my chances of getting into that particular b-school decrease if I apply in the 3rd round ?
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate: 650-GMAT,~5 years of work-ex in IT [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 22:47
Expert's post
Hi NeetiGupta,

Thanks for your post. For your application, I recommend you read this case study of an Indian engineer who was accepted into a top MBA program. It should provide insight for your application: http://www.stacyblackman.com/comprehens ... ies/case2/

For your GMAT, one thing that is important to remember is that your highest GMAT score is self-reported on your application, so admissions teams will focus on your best score. For this reason, we normally recommend that applicants who believe they can improve their score by 30+ points take the exam again.

I hope the above is of help.

Cheers,
Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap