Joined: 22 Jul 2013
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
, given: 3
Please evaluate: 650-GMAT,~5 years of work-ex in IT [#permalink]
09 Oct 2013, 13:09
Indian female, 27 years of age with 4 years 8months of IT experience. Currently not working as on H4 visa, US based.
GPA, major, school
1. 67.73/100, Bachelor of Engineering(Information Technology), University of Pune (as per the university, 66% and above is considered as Distinction)
2. Working towards my goal of pursuing MBA by enrolling in online courses such as basics of Financial Accounting and Marketing.
GMAT : 650(77%)
Q(48 - 76%) V(31 - 60%) AWA(5 - 60 % ) IR (5-52%)
1. Tata Consultancy Services, India : 4 years : SAP ABAP Developer
2. HCL AXON,HCL Technologies, India : 8 months : SAP ABAP Consultant
1.Regular interaction with clients for understanding their requirements and implementing them in SAP (Enterprise Resource Planning Tool).
2. Creating and updating technical specification documents.
3.Exposure to different business sectors such as Product Development, Retail, Warehouse management and manufacturing.
1. Responsible for weekly and monthly status report of project’s deliverables under development and testing.
2. Mentored college recruits to help them learn and implement ABAP concepts in real time.
3. Interviewed prospective hires for the project.
4. Worked at client location in France for SAP implementation, deployment and post deployment activities.
5. Time-sheet Management for revenue recognition of the project.
1. Responsible for organizing and budgeting team building activities for project members.
2. Responsible for budgeting and arranging recreational trips for project members.
3. Helped organize Inter-division Cricket Tournament on state level at TCS.
4. Participated and won Inter-ISU Cricket Tournament for Women.
5. Was a Member of TCS Maitri club, the organization in-charge of extra-curricular activities in TCS.
6. Organized dance classes for the associates at my office location.
7. Have recently started volunteering to teach Mathematics to under-privileged students in Seattle with a Non-Profit Organization. I previously volunteered to teach kids in India.
8. Was an active member of the organizing team for technical and cultural fests in college. This involved marketing, selling tickets and raising revenue for college events, attracting corporate sponsors and participants from other institutes.
9. Actively participated in various quizzes, presentations, seminars and competitions.
Awards, patents, publications, etc...
1. Awarded coder of the month in TCS
2. Member of SAP implementation team when it was awarded the Best Supplier of the Year from the client (Owens Corning) in 2011.
3. Won 2nd prize in national level inter-college technical presentation.
Interesting personal facts - countries lived in, challenges faced, unusual interests
1. Recently started sponsoring and tracking a child’s education.
1. Plan to start awareness campaign in India to encourage women to learn self-defense and to provide a medium for them to learn such techniques.
Please evaluate my profile for Full-time 2-year MBA programs in UW Foster School of MBA, Boston University School of Management, The Paul Merage School of Business,University of California,Irvine.
I see that for all the aforementioned B-schools I fall in the range of GMAT Score but below the Average score required.
Also please suggest the range of colleges that I should aim for in the US .
Could you please suggest if I should take GMAT again. I feel I will be able to improve my GMAT score from 650 to 670-680.