Please evaluate my profile mentioned below and suggest best fit for me:
GMAT: Preparing to give GMAT in July 2013 and expecting 680 - 720
Admission : Panning for 2014 intake.
Male / Indian
- B. Engg (IT) CGPA: 72% in 2007
- 10th: 77%
- 12th: 60%
Work experience: (5+ years Experience )
2007 - 2010 : Worked in development & implementation of a unique product which has ability to track money laundering & terrorism financing in financial institutes.
- Worked indirectly for RBI & FAFT global Body and helped India to become FATF’s 34th member in 2010
- Worked with APAC & EMEA Financial Clients
6 Months Break : Took a Career break before joining another company : And i utilized this time travelling & photographing diversity of india. Leading an expedition group to himalayas and other important things which helped me to have a different perspective of life
2010 - Today : Leading the Global GE Oracle IProcurement Team for implementing & supporting Global Business.
Extra project Successfully Lead & executed are:
- Implemented a modified process to improve the efficiency & helped in direct soft dollar saving $200 per week.
- Implemented a report search wizard which helped business to save 28 Man hours each week.
- Have exposure to various Suppliers & business in US / Europe & APAC Region.
• Was appreciated by GE CIO & UST’s GM on developing the GE’s 1st low budget P2P learning game in 2011
• Honored with two ‘LETTER OF APPRECIATION’ from STATE BANK OF INDIA in April & Oct 2009
• Won the Champions Trophy in WBUT University Annual Athletics 2005-06
• School Captain & Sports Captain for ST. Josephs School in 2002-03, 2001-02 respectively
• Participated in District Level Swimming & Cricket in 2000- 01
• Was awarded as the top 5 contributor in UST Global CSR Activities for 2011-12.
• Lead the Art cum sale Exhibition for NISH’s Special students collected 0.14 million via sales in 2011 – 12
• Helped Blind Schools with regional audio learning in accordance with L V Prasad Eye Institute in 2008
• Accomplished Girls Hygiene development project in 4 village school with 3iInfotech & Project 511
- Targeting General Managment with interest in Operations & Strategy .
I want to pursue 1 year MBA course. B-school in US has 2 years course which will eventually increase my costing. Europe is hit my recession and job options would be uncertain. So i am not able to make proper decision on B-school options.
- I plan to take a loan for my 1 year MBA course and looking for top 20 Colleges. I would prefer to work in the same country from where i complete my MBA.
My perefered colleges : ISB, NSU, INSEAD-Singapore, IMD Etc.
- My interest is more in consulting & strategy and help in CSR actitivity with the use of Renewable resources.
Also If you could point me into the direction of the ways I could improve my profile by the time of application, it would be great. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Let's assume you get a balanced 700 on the GMAT. In that case, you would have chosen your schools well. You would have a competitive profile for NUS and IMD. ISB and INSEAD would be stretches, mainly because of the intense competition among Indian coming from IT.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog