Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 08:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate & advice me right path

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Please evaluate & advice me right path [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 08:19
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile mentioned below and suggest best fit for me:

GMAT: Preparing to give GMAT in July 2013 and expecting 680 - 720
Admission : Panning for 2014 intake.
Male / Indian

Education :
- B. Engg (IT) CGPA: 72% in 2007
- 10th: 77%
- 12th: 60%

Work experience: (5+ years Experience )
2007 - 2010 : Worked in development & implementation of a unique product which has ability to track money laundering & terrorism financing in financial institutes.
- Worked indirectly for RBI & FAFT global Body and helped India to become FATF’s 34th member in 2010
- Worked with APAC & EMEA Financial Clients

6 Months Break : Took a Career break before joining another company : And i utilized this time travelling & photographing diversity of india. Leading an expedition group to himalayas and other important things which helped me to have a different perspective of life

2010 - Today : Leading the Global GE Oracle IProcurement Team for implementing & supporting Global Business.
Extra project Successfully Lead & executed are:
- Implemented a modified process to improve the efficiency & helped in direct soft dollar saving $200 per week.
- Implemented a report search wizard which helped business to save 28 Man hours each week.
- Have exposure to various Suppliers & business in US / Europe & APAC Region.

Extra-curriculars
- Achievements
• Was appreciated by GE CIO & UST’s GM on developing the GE’s 1st low budget P2P learning game in 2011
• Honored with two ‘LETTER OF APPRECIATION’ from STATE BANK OF INDIA in April & Oct 2009
• Won the Champions Trophy in WBUT University Annual Athletics 2005-06
• School Captain & Sports Captain for ST. Josephs School in 2002-03, 2001-02 respectively
• Participated in District Level Swimming & Cricket in 2000- 01

-Community Involvement
• Was awarded as the top 5 contributor in UST Global CSR Activities for 2011-12.
• Lead the Art cum sale Exhibition for NISH’s Special students collected 0.14 million via sales in 2011 – 12
• Helped Blind Schools with regional audio learning in accordance with L V Prasad Eye Institute in 2008
• Accomplished Girls Hygiene development project in 4 village school with 3iInfotech & Project 511

Preferences:
- Targeting General Managment with interest in Operations & Strategy .
I want to pursue 1 year MBA course. B-school in US has 2 years course which will eventually increase my costing. Europe is hit my recession and job options would be uncertain. So i am not able to make proper decision on B-school options.

- I plan to take a loan for my 1 year MBA course and looking for top 20 Colleges. I would prefer to work in the same country from where i complete my MBA.
My perefered colleges : ISB, NSU, INSEAD-Singapore, IMD Etc.

- My interest is more in consulting & strategy and help in CSR actitivity with the use of Renewable resources.

Also If you could point me into the direction of the ways I could improve my profile by the time of application, it would be great. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Regards
Rohan
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 349 [0], given: 66

Re: Please evaluate & advice me right path [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 20:43
Expert's post
rohanchowdhary wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile mentioned below and suggest best fit for me:

GMAT: Preparing to give GMAT in July 2013 and expecting 680 - 720
Admission : Panning for 2014 intake.
Male / Indian

Education :
- B. Engg (IT) CGPA: 72% in 2007
- 10th: 77%
- 12th: 60%

Work experience: (5+ years Experience )
2007 - 2010 : Worked in development & implementation of a unique product which has ability to track money laundering & terrorism financing in financial institutes.
- Worked indirectly for RBI & FAFT global Body and helped India to become FATF’s 34th member in 2010
- Worked with APAC & EMEA Financial Clients

6 Months Break : Took a Career break before joining another company : And i utilized this time travelling & photographing diversity of india. Leading an expedition group to himalayas and other important things which helped me to have a different perspective of life

2010 - Today : Leading the Global GE Oracle IProcurement Team for implementing & supporting Global Business.
Extra project Successfully Lead & executed are:
- Implemented a modified process to improve the efficiency & helped in direct soft dollar saving $200 per week.
- Implemented a report search wizard which helped business to save 28 Man hours each week.
- Have exposure to various Suppliers & business in US / Europe & APAC Region.

Extra-curriculars
- Achievements
• Was appreciated by GE CIO & UST’s GM on developing the GE’s 1st low budget P2P learning game in 2011
• Honored with two ‘LETTER OF APPRECIATION’ from STATE BANK OF INDIA in April & Oct 2009
• Won the Champions Trophy in WBUT University Annual Athletics 2005-06
• School Captain & Sports Captain for ST. Josephs School in 2002-03, 2001-02 respectively
• Participated in District Level Swimming & Cricket in 2000- 01

-Community Involvement
• Was awarded as the top 5 contributor in UST Global CSR Activities for 2011-12.
• Lead the Art cum sale Exhibition for NISH’s Special students collected 0.14 million via sales in 2011 – 12
• Helped Blind Schools with regional audio learning in accordance with L V Prasad Eye Institute in 2008
• Accomplished Girls Hygiene development project in 4 village school with 3iInfotech & Project 511

Preferences:
- Targeting General Managment with interest in Operations & Strategy .
I want to pursue 1 year MBA course. B-school in US has 2 years course which will eventually increase my costing. Europe is hit my recession and job options would be uncertain. So i am not able to make proper decision on B-school options.

- I plan to take a loan for my 1 year MBA course and looking for top 20 Colleges. I would prefer to work in the same country from where i complete my MBA.
My perefered colleges : ISB, NSU, INSEAD-Singapore, IMD Etc.

- My interest is more in consulting & strategy and help in CSR actitivity with the use of Renewable resources.

Also If you could point me into the direction of the ways I could improve my profile by the time of application, it would be great. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Regards
Rohan

Rohan,

Let's assume you get a balanced 700 on the GMAT. In that case, you would have chosen your schools well. You would have a competitive profile for NUS and IMD. ISB and INSEAD would be stretches, mainly because of the intense competition among Indian coming from IT.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: Please evaluate & advice me right path [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 21:45
Hi Linda

Thanks for your response.

I just wanted to know few more things. I heard that in US all the colleges are having 2 yrs course. Do they also have 1 year course !

What will be a good chance to get a scholarship in those colleges for 1 yr course and who much gmat score do they need to give a scholarship.

Thanks for your time & advice.

Thanks & Regards
Rohan Chowdhary
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 349 [1] , given: 66

Re: Please evaluate & advice me right path [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 21:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rohanchowdhary wrote:
Hi Linda

Thanks for your response.

I just wanted to know few more things. I heard that in US all the colleges are having 2 yrs course. Do they also have 1 year course !

What will be a good chance to get a scholarship in those colleges for 1 yr course and who much gmat score do they need to give a scholarship.

Thanks for your time & advice.

Thanks & Regards
Rohan Chowdhary

Rohan,

In the U.S. most MBA courses are two years, but not all. Here is a partial list of U.S.-based one-year MBA programs: http://poetsandquants.com/2012/07/10/gu ... -programs/ .

While the GMAT is a factor in awarding financial aid, there is no one number (except perhaps 800) that would guarantee you a scholarship at every one-year program in the U.S. In general, an above average profile, including GMAT, GPA, quality work experience, and all elements of a profile will be considered and what you need will vary from school to school.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog