Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Dec 2014, 14:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

please evaluate and guide

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

please evaluate and guide [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 06:12
Hi,

I just took the gmat..got a 650(Q45.V34) this is my miserable 2nd attemp...had a 640(Q49,V28) in the 1st.

Im not sure if I should apply this year or not. Should i study some more and get that 700?

Its already december n i have missed many colleges deadlines.

I have 2.8 yrs of experience in IT specifically in SAP. I want to major in supply chain or operations.
Should i apply this year? n if I u should...whr? do i have any chances of getting into a good school?
Can some1 plesae tell me collges that would take such a profile..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 1

Re: please evaluate and guide [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 07:16
Deciding to apply this year or next depends on what schools you are targeting. If you are shooting for a world class program such as Wharton, Insead of Booth, then I would recommend waiting and trying to improve your GMAT score (as your GPA/GMAT score combination is not competitive). However, if you planning for less competitive programs, then your chances might be decent, once again depending on the individual program you are targeting. if you can provide some more details on your background and target schools (as well as how open you are to applying to others) then I can advise you better.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 606 [0], given: 30

Re: please evaluate and guide [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 00:58
Expert's post
Well, I would say that since A) Your GMAT is not as high as it could be B) you have not all that much work experience C) we are pretty late in the year, it makes good sense for you to apply next year anyways, no matter what your goals are. This will give you the opportunity of course to retake the GMAT at least one time more (or more if you need, which hopefully, you will not) and prepare applications for round one next year.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: please evaluate and guide [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 00:01
Hey,

Thanks for the inputs guys...

I am planing to apply to a few canadian colleges..
what are my chances of getting into Sauder, univ of toronto, Univ of alberta and haskeyne?

If i dont manage to get through on this profile & score...i will take the gmat again with more intense prep, and apply next year when i have more time
Do you think this is a good idea? or shud i just study more n take it again in a few months?

thank you
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 606 [0], given: 30

Re: please evaluate and guide [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 02:15
Expert's post
I'm tempted to say: be patient. You might certainly get into Sauder, and if that fits your goals, actually why not? But with a higher score and better profile, you might get into much better programs, so isn't it worthwhile to take the shot? Or do you just want to get started already???

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 6

Re: please evaluate and guide [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 01:41
Hi,

If you are targeting Canadian b-schools for 2013 intake, then McGill, Richard-Ivey, Queens and Toronto are few good options. The GMAT range of these schools fall between 560-720, so you have fair chances of being accepted. You can also try your chances by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

The admission in b-schools depends lot on how you frame your application essays & then for final interviews. So, focus on your essays & interviews. These will cover your avg. profile as well.

Let me know in case of further queries.

Cheers!!
Neha
Giving KUDOS is a decent way of saying thanks…

kalemba wrote:
Hey,

Thanks for the inputs guys...

I am planing to apply to a few canadian colleges..
what are my chances of getting into Sauder, univ of toronto, Univ of alberta and haskeyne?

If i dont manage to get through on this profile & score...i will take the gmat again with more intense prep, and apply next year when i have more time
Do you think this is a good idea? or shud i just study more n take it again in a few months?

thank you

Best Wishes
Neha Singh
Get personalized MBA Application Consulting
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Click here to look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work

Try our GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: please evaluate and guide   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2013, 01:41