Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 23:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate (For Operations/SupplyChain)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Please Evaluate (For Operations/SupplyChain) [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2008, 17:18
Hi Paul,

Kindly request to you evaluate the profile.
gmat: 630 (Q48;V28) awa:4.0
exp:52+ mnths; IT development exp in the supply chain domain;Employed in an Indian IT services major
1.Won the client’s Most Valuable Player award for successfully implementing a solution(using a supply chain product) while on deputation
at the client's place
2.Led a team of 5 for development of a solution using a supply chain product
3.Mentored client's IT development team of 8 on the supply chain product
4.Currently deputed at the client's place to design a solution for replacing their legacy systems with a supply chain product.
At this client's place received acclaim for designing an approach to model one of their business aspect using a Supply chain product.
As a result of the acclaim, was given an additional task of analyzing an aspect of client's business to create a task-technology fit
document
Objective: To pursue mba in operations/supply chain

I shorlisted the following schools
SMU Cox
Indiana Kelley
Purdue
LFM/MIT Sloan
University of Maryland,Smith School of Business
Ross

I know MIT and Ross are in the elite clan but wanted to apply just because they are well known in ops/supply chain domain. Do i have a chance here??
The only concern i have in choosing colleges good in ops/supply chain(other than the elite) is that though they have good curriculum+profs,do they offer good employmeny options.?? Is my worry about employment fare or it is totally uncalled for :?:
Any help in alleviating my concerns will be greatly appreciated

Thank You!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please Evaluate (For Operations/SupplyChain) [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 16:49
Expert's post
vinayn,

My apologies for the late reply. I don't think Ross and MIT are realistic given your numbers (which are low) and profile (which is from a very common demographic). I don't think your concerns are employability with an MBA from non-elite schools is unfounded. It *is* an issue, especially for international applicants. You will have the fact of the current U.S. recession to deal with on top of your immigration issues. So you need to vet each school's placement records carefully and hopefully have a plan (a network) of your own for securing employment. Don't assume your school will be of great help.

Given your GMAT score, I think you have a chance at Maryland and SMU Cox but Indiana and Purdue will be "semi-long shots."

Hope this helps,

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog