Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate / guide - older applicant - thanks a lot!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate / guide - older applicant - thanks a lot! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 04:35
Hi,

Am deep in my search for the right MBA, but am getting stuck a bit owing to my oddish profile for an MBA applicant, in terms of age / exp (34 years of age, 11+ years of experience), and am hoping that you'll be able to help me out in identifying the right MBA programs I should be focusing on.

In brief, my profile is as below:
11+ years of experience in IT, in diverse roles ranging from software development to business development. 4.5 years of experience spread over US and Europe (primarily UK). GMAT 770 / 6.0. UG Mechanical Engineering - 70.8% from India (1998). Good EC in UG, but not much after then (other than having published English poetry in bits and pieces, and rudimentary volunteer work).

Primary objectives from MBA: Gain good in-depth knowledge of the financial and strategic planning aspects of business management.

Ideal job post MBA: Corporate Strategy Planning in global IT firm (alternative: strategy consulting with global techno-business consulting firm).

Looking forward to your help! Thanks much!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate / guide - older applicant - thanks a lot! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 19:04
You're not an odd fit for an executive MBA -- in fact, you're the kind of person that would be a great fit for an executive MBA - experienced professionals who are looking to stay in their industry but who are wanting to transition from a technical/analytical position to a managerial/business career track.

As for specific programs, there's quite a number out there - I suggest you do your research first on executive programs (start with the rankings publications to get a brief handle on the tiers of schools) and narrow your list from there.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Please evaluate / guide - older applicant - thanks a lot!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2009, 19:04