Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate My Chance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please Evaluate My Chance [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 05:22
Working exprience: 4 years (3 years for big four companies, 1 one year for foreign bank)
GMAT: 460
I dont expect any chance, i only try to gain the advice from all of you.
Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 195

Re: Please Evaluate My Chance [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 08:28
Expert's post
Hi Maevinh:
Thanks for reaching out to the forum.
There is simply not enough information here to provide detailed insight but I think you are looking for any and all advice.
However, I think you may have the answer already. A 460 on the GMAT is too low for pretty much all reputable MBA programs. Even 2nd tier programs with "relaxed" requirements usually set the cut off at about 500 on the GMAT.
Your work experience at this point is not something that can be analyzed, given that you have not cleared the first and highest hurdle, the GMAT.
Thanks,
Paul

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Schools: University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Evaluate My Chance [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 08:40
Hi Maevin,

If you would like a profile evaluation, please reply with information on your academic background, professional experiences and extracurricular activities. If you would prefer to keep this private, go ahead and send us a pm.

If you are looking for advice just on the GMAT, I would concur with the other consultant. At this point, it is a little too low to get you into a decent program. Getting it up at least another 50-70 points is important. Since you have already given it once, you have your experience to fall back on. Analyze what happened the first time - what sections do you have more opportunities in? How did you find the exam environment? Were you prepared to sit for 4 hours at a stretch? If you like, we would be happy to set up a Free Initial Consultation to help you talk about your experience and identify the areas you need to work at in the future. We could also recommend affordable GMAT prep programs that will help you get your score to a more competitive level.

Feel free to drop us a line at mbaconsult@mymbaadmit.com to discuss your application further. Check out our Volume Discounts and Application Packages tailored to your admission needs.

My MBA Admit
Khyati Soparkar, Lead Consultant
MBA Admissions Consultants
New York, NY

Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation

Just starting the MBA application process? Our Candidate Profiling and School Selection report is currently offered for $100 only! This 10-page report conducts a multidimensional profile evaluation, and provides you with a comprehensive list of business schools that match. Click to Find Out More!

MBAConsult@MyMBAAdmit.com

Read the My MBA Admit Blog

Follow My MBA Admit on Twitter and Facebook!

Schools: University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Evaluate My Chance [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 15:19
Hi maevinh,

Thanks for your request. I have gone ahead and sent you the details.

Regards,
My MBA Admit

My MBA Admit
Khyati Soparkar, Lead Consultant
MBA Admissions Consultants
New York, NY

Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation

Just starting the MBA application process? Our Candidate Profiling and School Selection report is currently offered for $100 only! This 10-page report conducts a multidimensional profile evaluation, and provides you with a comprehensive list of business schools that match. Click to Find Out More!

MBAConsult@MyMBAAdmit.com

Read the My MBA Admit Blog

Follow My MBA Admit on Twitter and Facebook!

Re: Please Evaluate My Chance   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2010, 15:19