Please have a look at my profile and help me come up with a list of B schools to apply to (Fall 2006)
1. 28 years, Female, Indian
2. Expected GMAT score: 700+ (Will be taking it up next month)
3. Qualifications: B.E (Electronics & Communications) - 75%
4. Work Experience: Almost 6 years in 3 different MNCs (3.5 yrs Siemens, < 1 yr in Hughes and in Intel since early last year) in India. Have experience working with different geos. Been on short term deputations to Europe and US.
5. Recommendations: Can get good ones from ex-boss and ex-colleague. Not from current employer
6. Community Service - Involved in small activites but nothing too great to write about
7. Misc - Though I don't have an official managerial position, I have been leading small teams and involved in mentoring juniors.
My questions are:
1. Which schools should I apply to (US, Canada, Europe) considering scholarships and aid?
2. Any loop holes in my profile that I should work towards?
Thanks a lot.
To answer your questions:
1) What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to settle after your MBA?
2) There are minior weaknesses that you should be able to address or ameliorate:
A. Lack of community service
since you left college. The best move here is to start doing something now.
B. No recs from your current boss. This can and should be explained.
C. Limited leadership experience. You have to make the most of what you have done as a team lead.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog