Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile!! [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 04:15
I am planning to take an MBA (top 10 Biz Schools; in particular Wharton, Harvard, London Business School, Columbia, INSEAD, MIT) in the next 1-2 years.
Nationality: Italian
Languages: Fluent in Italian, English, German. Good command of French, Spanish.
GMAT: N/A

Studies:
Bachelor in Business Administration (Bocconi University), GPA: 28/30, Final Grade 110/110
Thesis on Information Systems: The implementation of an ERP Solution
Fudan University (Shanghai) - 1 month course
MSc in Economics of Innovation and Technology (Bocconi University), GPA 29,5/30, Final Grande: 110/110 cum laude
Thesis in corporate Finance: Using real options to evaluate industrial investments in FMCG industry
Msc in Business Admn. (CBS) (Double Degree Program)

Post Graduate work exp:
Luxembourg (1,5 years): FMCG multinational company (7Bn € Turnover), Strategy and Business Planning, working in the worldwide CEO dep., administrator of the group financial simulator tool.
Germany (1 year): same company, Shopper MKTG Manager (depicted by Bain Germany as the best practice in this country), working together with the sales team responsible for 50% local company`s turnover (approx. 800M €). Developed innovative quantitative projects that enhanced retailers' turnover.

Activities:

Talent Management Workshop (CBS) for a 3bn€ industrial manufacturing company operating worldwide: been selected as a talent ambassador together with other 4 Scandinavian students in order to develop a Strategy plan focused on how to find, evaluate and retain best people. Direct involvment with general managers/directors from all over the world.
Category Manager certification: coming soon
Partecipated for 1 year in a social housing project
Active member of the Rotaract Club
At the age of 17 I developed and managed an Information System for the local authorities regarding economic development.

Reason for doing an MBA:

I would like to further my own business. I am going to launch two innovative companies and I believe a MBA program will give me the chance to climb my learning curve quickly.

GMAT: I hope to hit a score around 700, but you never know...

What is your advise? Timing? Schools? What I need to strenghten in my profile?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile!! [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2011, 13:37
Expert's post
HI encrypton,

You have a very strong profile. Studying for the GMAT now is very important, as schools like to see applicants with a score of at least a 700. We normally recommend at least 2-3 months of studying.

With regards to timing, you should apply when you feel your application is most ready. You should not be concerned about whether you should apply to Round 1 or Round 2. The only exception is that you should avoid applying to the last round.

For your profile, business schools will be particularly looking at your leadership skills. Any additional responsibilities that you can take on at work will be helpful.

If you would like to have a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team, you can sign up here: http://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/

Hope this was of help.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap