Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PLEASE evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

PLEASE evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2011, 10:35
First of all, thank you in advance for your review! I was wondering if you could evaluate my profile and would greatly appreciate for any suggestions.

Asian Male, 30
Education
BA in Econ at Berkeley-2004, GPA: 3.3

Work Expreience
2005-2010: Credit Analyst & Underwriter at community bank
2010-Current: Senior Credit Analyst at one of 4 major banks

Extracurricular
1. Leader of rock band (started in college)
2. Annual Tennis competition with Stanford
3. Intercollegiate golf team

CFA Charterholder since 2010
GMAT: never taken. scheduled for September 2011

Post MBA: work at a prominent asset management company for certain period, then start my own fund company

Targeting Harvard, Columbia, Chicago, Upenn, NYU, Cornell (however, I am open to suggestions)

Assuming I score more than 700 for GMAT, do I realistically have any chance to get into the schools listed above? Some of the concerns in my mind in addition to GMAT are age, no experience in asset management industry, no significant leadership experience, minimal extracurricular and/or volunteer activity post college, etc. I hope I could make it and will try my best, but at the same time I'd better be aware of what the reality is. Also, it would be great if you can suggest some improvement needed.

Again, thank you very much!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes