Hello, please evaluate my profile.
1) Full-time work experience.
Work for leading global FMCG company. In chronological order - 2.5 years in sales (account manager), 0.5 yrs unit manager of team of 16 field reps, and 1 year as market strategy and planning mngr for two countries
2) GMAT 640 (Q47, V31) AWA 4.5
3) College info:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, GPA 4.0/4.0 from one of Eastern European State Institution, graduated 2005
- Bachelor of Business Administration, major BA, minors Mrktng and Mngmnt, GPA 3.9/4.0 from US State University, graduated 2008
4) Extra-curriculars and such
- President and founder of the Student Club
- Nominated for Sigma Beta Delta international honorary society
- Graduated with Leadership Distinction from US school
- Number of awards from current employer for project implementation and results achieved
5) Export Management Certificate from Export Institute of the United States
6) Target programs - Sauder, Schulich, Ivey - first choice. Telfer (U of Ottawa) second choice
7) Post MBA goal is to change the industry. I want my MBA to seal my veterinarian and business education, and enable me to re-start my career in the same sales-mrktng direction, but with pharma/animal care division.
Your GMAT seems on the low end for Ivey and Shulich, but is okay for Sauder and Telfer. Since you have advanced nicely and seem to have a lot of responsibility now, I do think you are in the running for these programs (even Ivey and Shulich, but those would be stretches because of the GMAT).
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog