Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 12:25
Hello ,

I want to pursue a 1-year Full time MBA. The goal is to climb up the corporate ladder. I am doing well in my job but I think a MBA from a reputed school will help achieve my dreams of becoming an executive in a Fortune 10 company. Iam interested in IMD, INSEAD and the 1 year program at Kellogg. Please evaluate my profile. Thanks for your help.

GMAT: 650 Q48, V32
Female, 35 Years old
Citizenship: India, Living in US since 2003
Educational Background: Bachelors in Electronics and Communication, India
Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering, US
(Recipient of full scholarship for the 2 year Master of Science program.)

Work Experience: 12 Years in Semiconductor and Automotive Industry.
Job Profiles: Software Engineer, Supplier and Sub-contract Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager.

Work Experience Details:
2000-2003
-- Worked as a software and design engineer in leading Semiconductor Company.
2003-2005
-- Worked as a graduate research assistant while pursuing my Masters.
2005 -2011
-- After my graduation I started working with a leading Tier-1 Automotive supplier. In the six years with the company I progressed from a lead Engineer to Supplier and Sub-Contract Manager to Project Manager.
2011- Current
-- Working as a Program Manager for a leading American Car Manufacturer.

-- International experience:
- Two expat assignments to Germany and India.
- Travelled extensively on work to Europe and Asia.
- Worked very closely with internal teams and suppliers based out of China, Mexico, India, Poland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Korea and Japan.

-- Extra Curricular:
- Mentor at the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Volunteer at Akshara, a Literacy mission.
- Volunteer at the Indy 500 Marathon.
- Tutoring underprivileged kids.
- Volunteer at Gleaners Food bank and Soup kitchen.

Thanks for reading. Your inputs, feedback and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
-YogaGirl
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 May 2012, 08:11
Expert's post
Hi, YogaGirl,

Thanks for your post. Assuming you did well in your undergraduate and graduate programs, you should be in the academic range for these programs. You will want to be able to articulate where you want to go in your career (what kind of executive, same industry? etc.) and why you need your EMBA. It will be important for you to demonstrate how your skills and experiences so far in your career are a foundation for this path. EMBAs are not usually career changers, but applicants who want to gain the skills to move up in the ranks. Make sure you highlight your leadership abilities and are clear where you need to enhance your skill set. Highlighting your community service work will also help demonstrate your strengths while also giving the admissions committee a sense of your character and passions.

Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php