Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 21:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 42

GMAT Tests User
Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2012, 01:07
Hi,

Could you please evaluate my profile below,
GMAT 680 (Q:46 V:37)
B Tech in Computer Science with 74%
12th 85%
10th 82%

My professional background
Currently working with Samsung Electronics
I have more than 5 years of experience in Mobile domain.
Have contributed extensively to bring in differentiation to Samsung mobile applications and other features.
Worked closely with the Business analysts and user experience team for betterment of Samsung products.
Am promoted 3 times in last 4 years.
Currently working as a Lead Engineer for Samsung's Android Mobile division, managing a team of 5 people by mentoring them technically, where in by default for anyone to lead a team it takes about 7 to 8 years of exp in Samsung.
Youngest Java and Android Trainer in Samsung Electronics India with best overall feedback score of 4.2 / 5.

Having experienced what it takes to make a product like Samsung Galaxy Series (Galaxy S, S2 and S3 ) I would like to further enhance my knowledge towards Business intelligence and Data analytics.
My short term goal is to join a major OEM or Service Provider or a consulting firm as a Business Intelligence Analyst (Ex: Samsung / Google / ComScore etc)

I am very much interested in going for MISM (Business Intelligence Data Analytics )Course by Heinz CMU.
I am keen on MISM as the course is of 1 year and also It bridges the gap between my short term goal and my present career.

Coming to extra curricular activities, I was placement coordinator during my College days from year 2005 to 2007 and more than 150 offers were made for a class of 60 during my tenure as Placement Coordinator.

Whare are my chances of getting selected for MISM Course at CMU ? and which other university can i consider safe for my profile ?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
One of my main concern is my GMAT Score :oops:

Thanks
-Arjun
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 12:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Arjun--

I think you have a good profile for your targeted MSIM program, but keep in mind that the MBA is a much more marketable degree from a recruiter standpoint, and considering your post MBA goals, you might have a better shot at landing the job with an MBA. Your profile should be competitive at many top 25 schools, and studies have shown that promotions and pay are higher for MBAs vs. other grad degrees over time.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 125 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2012, 10:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Given your work history and your stated technology bent for post MBA employment, you should do well applying to
GA Tech and Purdue for sure. Both schools in my opinion are on the rise and will therefore pay off over time as they rise from top 25 to top 10 schools in the future.

Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2012, 09:37
Hi Bryant,
Thanks for your time.
Along with MISM from Heinz CMU I am also planning to apply for below B Schools:
Michigan Ross
UT Austin
Indiana Kelley
Arizona State University
Purdue Kernart
Michigan Broad
GA Tech

What do you feel are my chances for the above universities ? And I am also dependent on either Good scholership or GA for atleast half of my MBA expences.
Any inputs will be of great help.

Thanks and Regards,
Arjun
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 20:26
Thanks Bryant :)
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 02:58
Hi Bryant,
I have one more question for you, how do you rate Rotterdam School of Management (Erasmus University Netherlands ) when compared to WP Carey, GA Tech, Purdue etc ?
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 04:24
Expert's post
This largely depends on where you plan to work after b-school. While the US schools you named have a better international reputation, if your plan is to work in the Netherlands, you will likely find a better network and potentially better opportunities thereby going to school there.

Bryant Michaels

Veritas Prep Reviews