Can you please consider my profile and suggest best fit for me? And also let me know whether I stand a chance applying to top 30?
Little bit about me.
Age: 24 from Poland
GPA: 3.75-4.0 (Electronic Eng & Management - finished undergrad in UK with 1st Class Honours Degree - conversion of UK degree to GPA is unclear for me, however 3.75+ seems to do the trick according to various sources)
GMAT: taking in June, aiming for 680-720, which I guess is reasonable.
Originally I was enrolled in masters course at the Uni. However during the 4th year I was headhunted and offered with a opportunity to join a reasearch project for two years (EU funded) in Lithuania (where I am now) as researcher - switched my degree to B.Eng and graduated to take this position. As I would like to apply for entry in 2014 Sept, so by the time of Uni start there will be 2 years.
Earlier: summer internship in open source software company in new business department - preparing case studies for clients, cold calls, CRM system management and implementation.
Extras (I apologize for random order):
- First reward for the best business pitch of the entrepreneurial program (raising business creativity)
- awarded with Class medal at the Uni for achiev.
- created + managing of two websites for a local company in my hometown
- at Uni part of squash and tennis club (still trying to play both as often as possible)
- elderly care (back in hometown) - i won't go into much details here since its quite personal
- still connected with my old high school - collecting necessary means for schooling at orphanage
- current supervisor from Lithuania
- dean of the department at the Uni/Advisor/one of the Dr I was working with - depending on the number of applications.
As a goal I'd like to focus on management consulting.
On my own I was looking closely at Kelloggs, Haas, Duke, Booth perhaps.
Also If you could point me into the direction of the ways I could improve my profile by the time of application, it would be great.
Also, there seems to be early admission to Duke. Is it worth applying then instead of Round 1? I know it is then then pretty much compulsory if the offer is made. But what about the admission rate?
Thank you for your time.
I suggest you consider either the MiM at London Business School or the MMS at Duke. Most of the full-time MBA program really prefer more business experience. Yes, if you would happily attend Duke, it is a good idea to apply EA.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog