Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 04:24
Hello,

Can you please consider my profile and suggest best fit for me? And also let me know whether I stand a chance applying to top 30?

Little bit about me.
GPA: 3.75-4.0 (Electronic Eng & Management - finished undergrad in UK with 1st Class Honours Degree - conversion of UK degree to GPA is unclear for me, however 3.75+ seems to do the trick according to various sources)
GMAT: taking in June, aiming for 680-720, which I guess is reasonable.

Work experience:

Originally I was enrolled in masters course at the Uni. However during the 4th year I was headhunted and offered with a opportunity to join a reasearch project for two years (EU funded) in Lithuania (where I am now) as researcher - switched my degree to B.Eng and graduated to take this position. As I would like to apply for entry in 2014 Sept, so by the time of Uni start there will be 2 years.

Earlier: summer internship in open source software company in new business department - preparing case studies for clients, cold calls, CRM system management and implementation.

Extras (I apologize for random order):
- First reward for the best business pitch of the entrepreneurial program (raising business creativity)
- awarded with Class medal at the Uni for achiev.
- created + managing of two websites for a local company in my hometown
- at Uni part of squash and tennis club (still trying to play both as often as possible)

Community:
- elderly care (back in hometown) - i won't go into much details here since its quite personal
- still connected with my old high school - collecting necessary means for schooling at orphanage

Recommendations:
- current supervisor from Lithuania
- dean of the department at the Uni/Advisor/one of the Dr I was working with - depending on the number of applications.

As a goal I'd like to focus on management consulting.

On my own I was looking closely at Kelloggs, Haas, Duke, Booth perhaps.

Also If you could point me into the direction of the ways I could improve my profile by the time of application, it would be great.

Also, there seems to be early admission to Duke. Is it worth applying then instead of Round 1? I know it is then then pretty much compulsory if the offer is made. But what about the admission rate?

Thank you for your time.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 09:46
Thanks for the posting. From an admissions perspective, you have a unique and compelling candidacy. If you present a compelling application application (complete with strong essays, recommendations, resume, interview, etc.) I can see you being accepted to multiple top schools. The only unknown in this process is how you will perform on your GMAT and as you know the higher your score, the easier your life becomes. If you score in the range of 720 -- I would say that you could be a strong candidate to such schools as Wharton, Sloan and Haas. If you score closer to 680, I still see you being a strong candidate to Booth, Fuqua and Kellogg.

Given the overall strength of your candidacy, I would not recommend that you apply to Fuqua early -- rather than apply to as many schools as you can first round. Simply put, I am optimistic about your candidacy on many fronts and think you can get into a more prestigious program.

Good luck.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Call for a free candidacy assessment.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: Please evaluate my profile   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2013, 09:46