Thanks for reaching out to me. I will respond asap, but I did want to acknowledge that I have read through your post.
Can you please consider my profile and suggest best fit for me? And also let me know whether I stand a chance applying to top 20?
Little bit about me.
Age: 24 from Poland
GPA: 3.75-4.0 (Electronic Eng & Management - finished undergrad in UK with 1st Class Honours Degree - conversion of UK degree to GPA is unclear for me, however 3.75+ seems to do the trick according to various sources)
GMAT: taking in June, aiming for 680-720, which I guess is reasonable.
Originally I was enrolled in masters course at the Uni. However during the 4th year I was headhunted and offered with a opportunity to join a reasearch project for two years (EU funded) in Lithuania (where I am now) as researcher - switched my degree to B.Eng and graduated to take this position. As I would like to apply this fall for entry in 2014 Sept, so by the time of Uni start there will be 2 years.
Earlier: summer internship in open source software company in new business department - preparing case studies for clients, cold calls, CRM system management and implementation.
Extras (I apologize for random order):
- First reward for the best business pitch of the entrepreneurial program (raising business creativity)
- awarded with Class medal at the Uni for achiev.
- created + managing of two websites for a local company in my hometown
- at Uni part of squash and tennis club (still trying to play both as often as possible)
- elderly care (back in hometown) - i won't go into much details here since its quite personal
- still connected with my old high school - collecting necessary means for schooling at orphanage
- current supervisor from Lithuania
- dean of the department at the Uni/Advisor/one of the Dr I was working with - depending on the number of applications.
As a goal I'd like to focus on management consulting.
On my own I was looking closely at Kelloggs, Haas, Duke, Booth perhaps.
Also If you could point me into the direction of the ways I could improve my profile by the time of application, it would be great.
Thank you for your time.
Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | email@example.com | 877.866.9251
Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog
Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton