Can you please evaluate my profile and if possible give me some school suggestions. I have shortlisted a few colleges though I am not too sure about them.
Country of Citizenship : India
GMAT: Yet to take but I can definitely crack 680+
- 1 year in IBM as an Associate Systems Engineer
- 2 major internship stints with a leading steel giant and a major consulting firm
- B.Tech from NIT Rourkela in Mining Engineering (One of the premier Institutes of India CGPA - 8.64 on a scale of 10)
- Currently pursuing MBA from a prestigious B-school of India. I want to do a 1 year MBA that would accelerate my career. I know that I lack in work experience and would like to know what I can do after you go through my entire profile.
Members of clubs and committees in my current MBA.
Member of editorial magazine during undergrad.
Member of entrepreneurship cell during undergrad.
Class Representative during undergrad.
Have won a number of awards in quizzes
Paper presentation winner at a premier college of India
Organized a TEDx community event in my current b-school
MBA long term goal:
I want to enter into management consulting with a top firm.
Factors important to me...
- Looking to join a 1 year program
- School ranking and reputation.
- Well "networked" schools with good placement cells.
-Judge ( but i believe they need 3 years of work experience)
By the time you matriculate you should have 3 years of work experience. Kellogg is probably a stretch, but you should be competitive at the other three programs provided they consider your MBA a fourth year of post-secondary education. Some schools, and you will simply have to check with them, do not want to admit students who already have an MBA. And even for those schools you will consider you, you will need to explain why you need a second MBA.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog