Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 06:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 20:33
Hi, i am an indain IT female 23 years old. I have done my btech at vignan's engineering college affiliated to JNTU kakinada, Andhra pradesh. My B.tech aggregate is 78%.Intermediate 95% and 10th 89.5%. I got placed with tcs in my 4th year btech . Before joining TCS i have worked as assistant professor in an engineering college for 8 months. I joine TCS on 30th jan 2012.I have participated in college level sports events and helped organize many college level fests.

I have taken GMAT in june 2013 . Score(AWA :5, Math :51,verba;:24 Total:640).I am planning to retake the GMAT by 223rd september 2013. I am confused on whether to take tofel or ielts.Tofel dates available only after 0ct 19 2013.Is it ok to take ielts ? I dont want to get into a so so b-school just for the name sake. Please suggest some good b-schools i can aim at.I am interested to apply within first deadline.Awaiting u r reply. :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 22

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 07:53
Hi maggi10 - Thanks for posting, and apologies for the delays in responding!

Your GMAT is low but based on your other messages, it looks like you just took it again for a 680. That's in range for some good schools but it's also still difficult for a top school like NYU based on how competitive your candidate pool is.

You're quite young already and a younger profile needs to be a little more impressive in order for the schools to say 'yes', particularly at NYU or Kellogg. Many schools could take a pass if there are any pronounced weaknesses, only because they know that you have time to work to fix them and you could then try again next year. So the bar is a little higher for younger candidates.

The TOEFL is typically recommended as the best English test to take because it's universally accepted.

We cannot suggest schools without knowing a lot more about you - sorry! We explain why in this other thread.

There's a lot of other queries from candidates like you on these boards, you may want to keep reading and see what you can learn from them.

If you're trying for Round 1 then you're getting started a little late!! Hopefully you've already made good progress on your essays. The essays will matter ***a lot*** and they take more time than most people expect.

You might want to check out The Indian's Guide to Getting In which is a special book we've written just for candidates like you.

Good luck with your applications and please stay in touch!
EssaySnark

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Intern
Intern

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 20:52
Hi

I have retaken gmat score(680 Math49,verbal34).Now can i aim at some better schools. Suggest the schools i can aim at.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.9

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 01:36
Hi essaysnark,

Could you please tell me when you will put the book for Video essays in your bookstore?

Thanks,
G
Re: Please evaluate my profile   [#permalink] 25 Sep 2013, 01:36