Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 11:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 20:35
Hi, i am an indain IT female 23 years old. I have done my btech at vignan's engineering college affiliated to JNTU kakinada, Andhra pradesh. My B.tech aggregate is 78%.Intermediate 95% and 10th 89.5%. I got placed with tcs in my 4th year btech . Before joining TCS i have worked as assistant professor in an engineering college for 8 months. I joine TCS on 30th jan 2012.I have participated in college level sports events and helped organize many college level fests.

I have taken GMAT in june 2013 . Score(AWA :5, Math :51,verba;:24 Total:640).I am planning to retake the GMAT by 223rd september 2013. I am confused on whether to take tofel or ielts.Tofel dates available only after 0ct 19 2013.Is it ok to take ielts ? I dont want to get into a so so b-school just for the name sake. Please suggest some good b-schools i can aim at.I am interested to apply within first deadline.Awaiting u r reply. :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4869
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 21:46
Expert's post
maggi10 wrote:
Hi, i am an indain IT female 23 years old. I have done my btech at vignan's engineering college affiliated to JNTU kakinada, Andhra pradesh. My B.tech aggregate is 78%.Intermediate 95% and 10th 89.5%. I got placed with tcs in my 4th year btech . Before joining TCS i have worked as assistant professor in an engineering college for 8 months. I joine TCS on 30th jan 2012.I have participated in college level sports events and helped organize many college level fests.

I have taken GMAT in june 2013 . Score(AWA :5, Math :51,verba;:24 Total:640).I am planning to retake the GMAT by 223rd september 2013. I am confused on whether to take tofel or ielts.Tofel dates available only after 0ct 19 2013.Is it ok to take ielts ? I dont want to get into a so so b-school just for the name sake. Please suggest some good b-schools i can aim at.I am interested to apply within first deadline.Awaiting u r reply. :)


IELTS is fine if the schools you are aiming for accept it.

I'd prefer to suggest schools if I can after you retake and answer the questions at before-you-ask-for-a-profile-evaluation-read-this-107300.html .

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2013, 00:39
1) My work expereince- 3.8 by the time i get admission. Have completed btech in 2011 april.Have worked as an assistant professor for 8 months.I used to teach networking comcepts for btech final year students.After this i joined Tata consultancy services on jan 2012.My current role is production support executive. I resolve the issues in various apps and deal with user requests.I interact with client on daily basis.My client is bankofamerica.
2) I have taken GMAT in june 2013 score:640 (Math:51,verbal:24)
3)college-Vignan's engineering college affliated to JNTU kakinada, Andhra pradesh ,India. Btech: 78%, 12th :95%,10th :89.5%
4)Extracuricullars-Have participated in sports events , i am a throwball player.Have helped oraganize many college level events.
6)Programms interested- Full time MBA in NYU stren,columbia business school, Berkley hass California ,Anderson, Dardan,Yale school of management,kellog school of management
7) I am planning to apply for all the schools in R1 2013-2014
8)I want to move out from IT and go for a non -it field probably education.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4869
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2013, 11:14
Expert's post
maggi10 wrote:
1) My work expereince- 3.8 by the time i get admission. Have completed btech in 2011 april.Have worked as an assistant professor for 8 months.I used to teach networking comcepts for btech final year students.After this i joined Tata consultancy services on jan 2012.My current role is production support executive. I resolve the issues in various apps and deal with user requests.I interact with client on daily basis.My client is bankofamerica.
2) I have taken GMAT in june 2013 score:640 (Math:51,verbal:24)
3)college-Vignan's engineering college affliated to JNTU kakinada, Andhra pradesh ,India. Btech: 78%, 12th :95%,10th :89.5%
4)Extracuricullars-Have participated in sports events , i am a throwball player.Have helped oraganize many college level events.
6)Programms interested- Full time MBA in NYU stren,columbia business school, Berkley hass California ,Anderson, Dardan,Yale school of management,kellog school of management
7) I am planning to apply for all the schools in R1 2013-2014
8)I want to move out from IT and go for a non -it field probably education.


Please post after you retake the GMAT on 9/23.

Thanks
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 01:48
Hi i have retaken GMAT score:680 (Math:49,verbal:34). How about my chances of getting into NYU Stren and suggest be some good bschools
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4869
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 07:20
Expert's post
maggi10 wrote:
Hi i have retaken GMAT score:680 (Math:49,verbal:34). How about my chances of getting into NYU Stren and suggest be some good bschools


I do not think you would be competitive at NYU Stern. Consider Rotman, Vanderbilt, Tulane, UT Austin, Kelley, Simon, and UNC.

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Please evaluate my profile jah534 1 21 Sep 2005, 13:43
Experts publish their posts in the topic Please evaluate my profile 2006 8 12 Sep 2005, 06:51
Experts publish their posts in the topic Please evaluate my profile coffeeloverfreak 3 27 Aug 2005, 13:14
Experts publish their posts in the topic evaluation of my profile please joe robot 1 15 Aug 2005, 17:32
Please evaluate my profile... kon13 1 24 Jul 2005, 03:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Please evaluate my profile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.