Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE: Marketing (Commercial Banking)
, given: 5
please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
09 Oct 2013, 02:16
It would be great if you could find some time to evaluate my profile.
Personal: 25 years old, Male, Indian
GMAT 2nd attempt: 720 (Q 51/ V 35/ AWA and IR awaited)
GMAT 1st attempt : 650 (Q50/V29/AWA 4.5 and IR 5)
Undergrad/Post grad : Dual degree from Indian Institute of Technology Madras (B.Tech Mechanical Eng, M.Tech Energy Technology)
Student Semester Exchange program : Did my 7th semester in NTU, Singapore. Scored the highest GPA in NTU of 3.96/4.
Work Ex:2+ years (banking and insurance domain)
1.5 years with Aviva Life Insurance : As a business analyst. Working with the strategic initiative team to make sales strategy.
Worked on various statistical model to segment the customer portfolio and predict future business to bridge the gap between target and predicted business.)
Employee award (one quarterly). Got an award as early as 9 months with Aviva Life insurance.
7 months with Citi bank Global (Current) : Working as a Senior Business analyst with North America Retail Banking Citi Partners.
Work is to analyze past data, build predictive and descriptive statistical models and consult partners with the right business strategy.
Ventures explored :
1.Founder of a Indian food chain restaurant chain called “Teekhi Mirch”.
Successfully ran the restaurant for 9 months. Got a break even on the overall running cost from the 5th month (which is rare across industry). Some of the sales strategy included ,
1. Segmentation of the customer base to value segments and offering different product and service levels to each segment
2. Product bundling to find best combo for each segment.
3. Retention calls and SMS for high attrition propensity customers.
4. Resource effective marketing strategy
5. Raw material inventory management and supply chain optimization for the food delivery
6. Streamlining the overall process.
These strategies were very rare in industry gave the restaurant a competitive edge.
2. Founder of a travel consulting company Naya sheher :
Though the company is yet to enter the market. Following are the key highlights,
1. Helps people relocating to new cities.
2. Helps client cut discounts in unknown cities and help vendor get a competitive edge
3. Helps people connect with people who are supposed to move to same cities.
Lead a team of 100 coordinators and volunteer to conduct a college festival called Mechanica.
Won many Robotics and Industrial design competition in college.
Instrumental in various tech fest and cultural festivals organized in college
Hostel Badminton Captain.
Want to work in the strategy/consulting field and expand my horizon to various industries.
My plan is to apply for following,
1 of the top 10 : Wharton
1 in India : ISB
2 in Singapore : NTU and NUS (Have already been in NTU for a semester)
1 in Hong Kong University
Following are my queries,
1. Will me GMAT 1st attempt have a negative impact on my application. If yes, then to what extent?
2. Do you think I should apply to more of top 10 universities. If yes, do you think I stand a good chance
3. Do you think I should mention my ventures in my application.
4. Thank You!