Could anybody please Evaluate my profile:
Educational Qualification: B.E.in Electronics & Telecommunications
B.tech Score : CGPA 8.43/10
GMAT Score: 690 (IR : 6, Quantitative: 49, Verbal : 34)
Work Experience: 5 years, 3 months with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), an Indian IT company
International experience : 15 months of onsite experience in Japan
Role: Module leader, where in I am leading a group of 5-6 persons
Domain : Engineering and Industrial services (EIS), where my client is a car one of the biggest car company.
Extra Curricular: Trekking. I have not involved in much of extra-curricular activities in the past, but plan on doing so in the immediate future
Social service : Taking part in blood donation drive, helping poor with collection of materials for them etc.
I am still in the research mode, and want to guidance on
1) What major will be good for me considering my IT background. I am interested in finance, but not stuck on it. If there is better option, I will more accept that.
2) What would be better for me, going for a full time MBA or EMBA. Will going for EMBA be a good choice?
3) Colleges where I can get in with my score and background and and where I have a good chance of getting a good job.
4) Are there any 1 year full time MBA courses, which will fulfill my requirements mentioned below?
Could you please suggest some schools? Also, if any more information is needed, please let me know.
Here is the answer to some questions, which you might want to know of to evaluate my profile.
1. What is my motivation to pursue an MBA? As with 5 years of work experience, few schools will accept my profile in their Executive MBA programs?
I will be very frank here. I decided to go for an MBA when I realized that there is lot of crowd at the level and post at which I am working. I want to separate myself from the crowd. The other reason and in fact the bigger one at that is that I wanted to multiply my earning potential. I have been working with the same company with the last 5 years and even if I switch jobs, I will probably get 40-50% hike but my salary will be in the same bracket as what an engineer gets. It will never reach to what a manager gets. So If I invest 1 or 2 years of my life in pursuing MBA, it will probably fulfill my twin goals of separating myself from the crowd and multiplying my earning potential.
As far as question of doing an executive MBA is concerned against doing Full Time MBA, I am still in the research phase. I don't know which one will be better for me. I asked about EMBA because, I thought I will have to invest only one year of my life and can start earning again as soon as possible. However, if you suggest that going for and EMBA will not fulfill my above mentioned twin goals, please suggest me what to do. I am open to going for Full Time MBA, if it will fulfill goals better.
2. Do l want to pursue a career in Finance, after spending 5 years in IT?
Am I ready to change my career path after spending 5 years in IT. If this is the question then my answer is yes, provided it fulfills my above mentioned twin goals. As far as asking about MBA in finance is concerned, I mentioned that because I think, I am good in maths and I like money, So I thought finance would be good choice. I have not done much research this either. Again, if you you have any other options for me, which better fulfills my goals, I am open to that. Please suggest what to do?