Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 07:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-20-2014
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 09:00
Attached CV, let me know your feedback.

Regards, Amol
Attachments

File comment: Amol CV
Amol_Resume MBA.pdf [166.39 KiB]
Downloaded 28 times

To download please login or register as a user

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [0], given: 30

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 10:58
Expert's post
amolg wrote:
Attached CV, let me know your feedback.

Regards, Amol

Amol, Got your CV, but what would you like to know? What would you like to do? Where would you like to apply? When? What interests do you have? What are your goals?

Can you write me a it more about how I can help, and I will gladly do so.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 16:49
Thank you for the reply.

Why MBA - short note?
My eperience with multiple products, processes and organizations has given me a hoilstic view decision making science. The basic parameters of decision making process are based on value of the product, risk associated with the decision and required quality of the decision. Some of the large corporations have the expertise and knowledge to take sensitive decisions but mostly they spend huge time and money on significantly smaller decisions, and smaller corporations take bigger decisions based on limited knowledge and time available. I think I can build a business case around this and start my entrepreneural journey and looking at MBA degree to give me that launching pad.
I am wokring on process improvement based on this idea in my current job as an additional responsibility, and I am convinced that there is larger potential in the market to convert this into successful business case. And with my technical expertise I can virtually handle most of the products in the market.

Back to the basics. As you notice, I have already crossed the limit to do 2 year MBA, i will be 35 this year. So my bets are on 1 year MBA or EMBA with entrepreneurship and leadership as core and I will happy to have technology as an alternative. Preference is to 1 year MBA as it opens door to some of the consulting houses and quicker to pass through.
Target schools:
IMD (Swiss Alps) - full time
INSEAD (French elite) - full time
Cranfield Judge (UK) - fulltime
Bath school of management (UK) - fulltime

Searching some of the EMBA's in US market and europe market.

Does this sound convincing enough?

/ Amol
Expert Post
Admissionado

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 02:15
Expert's post
Dear Amol,
Okay great! Thanks for the extra words. I think your profile looks pretty good. You have done a LOOOOT of stuff, including leadership recruiting and tons of other great achievements. I also totally agree with your plan of apply to one-year MBAs and EMBAs. I think that probably the best strategy you could take would be to apply to a mix of one-year MBAs (mostly in Europe, maybe Asia too if you are interested) and EMBAs that fit your needs.

For some of the European programs (IMD and INSEAD) you can apply NOW, Insead for the January intake, and if you are ready to go, I'd definitely suggest getting started as soon as you can.

As for your post MBA plan, it sounds overall plausible, but something you definitely need to work on in both detail and concreteness, to make it into a good "Why MBA" story.

Finally, as a sort of side point, you might want to think about reworking your resume. There are quite a bit of English mistakes, but also I feel that you can get a lot more out of the work you have done by reworking your resume.

Wish you all the best, and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help out.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 08:49
Thank you Jon for your words.

I completely agree with you on the CV reformatting and Essay's. I was always an avarage student in languages, to add that short coming I am speaking with french and Norwegians in english for the last 2-3 years, where one has to forget grammer and try to make everything in simple present tense. However, I will try to rectify them as much as I can.

The application process for IMD and INSEAD is just started, I hope I will hit the May 20 deadline.

Regards, Amol
Expert Post
Admissionado

Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 04:04
Expert's post
amolg wrote:
Thank you Jon for your words.

I completely agree with you on the CV reformatting and Essay's. I was always an avarage student in languages, to add that short coming I am speaking with french and Norwegians in english for the last 2-3 years, where one has to forget grammer and try to make everything in simple present tense. However, I will try to rectify them as much as I can.

The application process for IMD and INSEAD is just started, I hope I will hit the May 20 deadline.

Regards, Amol

Go to it!
:)
Good luck to you,

And if I can be of any help, just drop a line,

Peace out (we used to say this way back in the 90s),
JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com