Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 04:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 17:59
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for European schools esp. INSEAD, LSB and Cambridge...

26 years, Indian, Working in US in Energy and Utilities sector
BE, Electrical Engineering, Maharaj Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat, India, GPA: 3.6/4
MS, Power and Energy Systems Arizona State University, GPA: 3.5/4

Applying for: Fall 2015, Jan 2016 for INSEAD

GMAT 720 (Q 48 V 40 IR 4 AWA 5)

Industry - Energy and Utilities

Total workex - Will have 3.5-4 years at the time of beginning MBA studies

Work experience:
India: 2 months - in a startup as a QA
US: 2 years as Project/Power Systems Engineer in a medium sized private company, expecting a promotion this year.
Extra Curricular activities:
- Martial Artist: 3 years in Capoeira (Afro-Brazilian Martial Art), involved in community activities for raising awareness and demonstration of the art in schools and other locations
- Volunteer at American Red Cross: 100+ hours of volunteering for American Red Cross Blood during donation camps.
Looking to get into Finance/General Management post MBA.

Would appreciate a frank evaluation (and suggestions) of my candidature for INSEAD (Jan '16), LSB, Cambridge, Oxford and IMD for course starting in 2015 August. Also, since I have time with me, I would like to have an opinion on whether or not I should re-take GMAT. I believe I can score 740-50 in the second attempt.

Thanks,
naradmuni
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 02:40
Expert's post
naradmuni wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for European schools esp. INSEAD, LSB and Cambridge...

26 years, Indian, Working in US in Energy and Utilities sector
BE, Electrical Engineering, Maharaj Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat, India, GPA: 3.6/4
MS, Power and Energy Systems Arizona State University, GPA: 3.5/4

Applying for: Fall 2015, Jan 2016 for INSEAD

GMAT 720 (Q 48 V 40 IR 4 AWA 5)

Industry - Energy and Utilities

Total workex - Will have 3.5-4 years at the time of beginning MBA studies

Work experience:
India: 2 months - in a startup as a QA
US: 2 years as Project/Power Systems Engineer in a medium sized private company, expecting a promotion this year.
Extra Curricular activities:
- Martial Artist: 3 years in Capoeira (Afro-Brazilian Martial Art), involved in community activities for raising awareness and demonstration of the art in schools and other locations
- Volunteer at American Red Cross: 100+ hours of volunteering for American Red Cross Blood during donation camps.
Looking to get into Finance/General Management post MBA.

Would appreciate a frank evaluation (and suggestions) of my candidature for INSEAD (Jan '16), LSB, Cambridge, Oxford and IMD for course starting in 2015 August. Also, since I have time with me, I would like to have an opinion on whether or not I should re-take GMAT. I believe I can score 740-50 in the second attempt.

Thanks,
naradmuni

Hey naradmuni,
First of all a big congratulations on your fantastic GMAT score! I would say that you already have your awesome GMAT, and it is not likely that another 20 or even 50 points will make a major change in your profile. Your 720 is already above average for every Bschool in the world, and instead of putting more energy into the GMAT, you would be better off spending energy and time on researching and visiting the schools, and preparing your applications and strategies.

The main strong points are your GMAT, your industry, and your international experience, which are all fantastic. Your extremely large and competitive applicant pool, and the non-IIT school are the two tougher points as well as lack of leadership.

From here on, though your chances will be highly influenced by your job performance, your achievements, your progress relative to your colleagues, and your extras (the red cross is fantastic too).

I think your school list may be a bit ambitious, and I'm not sure if the list fits you very well. INSEAD and LBS are tough schools and IMD for example, has candidates with an average work experience of seven years and average age of 31, and I'm not sure that you would fit in there. Also, given your industry, I think that both Texas Rice, and Austin could be on your list, as they are totally fantastic schools for energy people. Or are you not considering US programs?

Hope this helps,
Best,
JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!